Trying to fix my soggy gas peddel

• Sponsors (?)

try something like a piece of thick pvc pipe and cut a small slit in it just big enough to slide it around the wire. then wrap electrical tape around it to keep it from falling off.

twogts.......that good.....But it doesn't have much to do with my original post. I ask is there another way and you said your wife did her own. Ok

Anyways.....I got the friggen spacer on, and the clamp around it but the clamp wouldn't get tight enough. I had nothing left to turn to tighten it :(

Never meant to stray off the question, PewterPony, and didn't mean to offend, but, honestly, this is a pretty straight-forward mod. And based on the other posts here, I'm not the only one who feels this way. But nevertheless, if I offended, I do apologize. Use the smallest hose clamps you can find or check the above posts - DBMSTANG, propellerhead and Cavallo has some good suggestions, probably the best is Cavallo's use of vacuum hose and zip ties. Realize it doesn't have to lock onto the throttle cable, just take up space (slack).

easy as hell!!! your clamps arent small enough. If you get the right stuff it will take you seriously like 2 or 3 minutes. There is no possible way to make it easier...piece of fuel line, 2 tiny clams and thats it. try to find a smaller clamp.

These things...
79010063.jpg
You can slip them over the cable and crimp them or zip tie them in place.

Check out MustangWorld for more pics of the mod.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm

Attachments

• 79010063.jpg
    79010063.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 68
Damn, i just did the mod :banana: :banana: :) easy ass mod and raised the pedal up A LOT!!!!!!! :banana: after driving the car, I can definetly feel an increase in performance, easier to spin the tires, way way way easier to spin them :banana: The gas pedal is more sensitive and the floor doesnt get in the way of full throttle. The only thing that makes the gas pedal stop and not go any further is the full-open position of the throttle body :drool: Definetly worth the 15 minutes it took and it cost nothing. I found the parts to use in the garage :banana: