Tubular K member

• Sponsors (?)

Ok. Sorry. Didn't mean any insult. I'm confused. Feels like I'm missing something. There must be some advantage to going narrower on the street. Must be to lighten it up, or fitment issues, I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok. Sorry. Didn't mean any insult. I'm confused. Feels like I'm missing something. There must be some advantage to going narrower on the street. Must be to lighten it up, or fitment issues, I guess.

You didnt insult. I'm just going for that slight drag car look but want to keep it beefy enough to take turns pretty good. I have 225/60-15 on the vert and that thing corners really nice.

Heck, I might ho with a 7" wheel up front on the LX, not sure. It all depends on how much back spacing I can get away with on the strut kit. I'm not a big fan of the outer part of the front rims sticking out too much. I want to retain some decent clearance on the inside and also not have the wheel stick out too much. On the vert I ordered 7" rims, dont remember the back spacing off hand but my clearance is good on the inner sidewall. They stick out just a tad more than my preference on the outer side. I can live with it but I wish I'd have kept the same back spacing on those but in a 6" rim.

So for me, appearance preference is going into these decisions too. I also know that raising the front and lowering the rear can help traction. But man....I dont what that look!

So, it's careful decisions to make things work better in the acceleration traction department, while not sacrificing too much cornering ability, and maintaining and appearance that appeals to me.

I want to set it and forget it....to what reasonable extent possible. :)

Got it now. Cool. All of that sounds perfectly reasonable. I too like the forwards rake, and I think the backwards rake looks bad. It does work as evidenced on the car that did the 1.83 on 225 a/s tires that I mentioned, but the look was sacrificed to functionality. I think you've got it right for your tastes, man. And, pics or it didn't happen! BTW, those 4-lug dark grey Cobra Rs are the best 4 lug version I've ever seen.

Reactions: 1 user
Got it now. Cool. All of that sounds perfectly reasonable. I too like the forwards rake, and I think the backwards rake looks bad. It does work as evidenced on the car that did the 1.83 on 225 a/s tires that I mentioned, but the look was sacrificed to functionality. I think you've got it right for your tastes, man. And, pics or it didn't happen! BTW, those 4-lug dark grey Cobra Rs are the best 4 lug version I've ever seen.

Thanks, i like them alot. The good is they are cheap and look great. The bad is they are heavy. Even substantially heavier than stock ponies.

A set of 4 are under $500

I don’t know. I’ve been following along here for a while, and I still don’t know what you want. Look at @TOOLOW91 car. It has the perfect stance. Looks like it can carve corners, and obviously is fast as hell in a straight line. I’d be listening to that guy with both ears to the ground. And not just cause we’re both New Yorkers :rock:

• Loved It!
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks, i like them alot. The good is they are cheap and look great. The bad is they are heavy. Even substantially heavier than stock ponies.

A set of 4 are under $500

I really like the looks of those wheels.
Says they have a 5.09 back space.
Would that be enough for the rear on a 83?

I don’t know. I’ve been following along here for a while, and I still don’t know what you want. Look at @TOOLOW91 car. It has the perfect stance. Looks like it can carve corners, and obviously is fast as hell in a straight line. I’d be listening to that guy with both ears to the ground. And not just cause we’re both New Yorkers :rock:

I know TOOLOO91’s stuff works. And I've been listening to him and others, and im learning. That doesn't mean i need too duplicate everything they did to have success in my goal. Im sure you realize its possible to take a little of this, a little of that, tweak it my way and have something that works for me. I did the same thing when I did my engine mods and put my SC on, and thats working fantastic for what it is.

For me its not telling people exactly what I want and expecting them to tell me how to get there. For me, its more about learning form others experience and using that knowledge to pour into my mold.

I hear ya loud and clear...... but he’s done it right for a car that can be street driven! IMO.
I’ve seen plenty of guys with “drag” type cars that don’t handle worth a sht. It’s definitely a fine balance in that in between world.

Just the look of it. Maybe it’s a stockish motor and lowered, maybe it’s not? ...... And then the front wheels come off the ground!! Perfect!!

I really like the looks of those wheels.
Says they have a 5.09 back space.
Would that be enough for the rear on a 83?

Thats the set thats on my 92 with no clearance problems. I have stock rear springs and height with 285/40. In the front its about 1” drop with 235/45

Im sorry but i dont know if they would fit exactly the some on an 83

I appreciate it ! It certainly doesn’t corner carve but at the same time there is no fears taking on and off Ramps with normal speed and under light accel . My goal was to not have that floaty feeling of a drag car even though that is my passion I like to enjoy driving it everywhere even if it meant sacarficing at the track