turbo charger? for my fox? they make one?

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
sorry to post here but there's no 3.8 mustang section.

after talking to my dad he said that since i wasn't able to get the V8 that if i want i can supercharge it or turbocharge it if i pay for it.

and i'm not to sure how this would even work considering this a carburated car.

so my question to you is.

this will be my DD to school and from work
that the engine is 23 years old. and has only 51,962 miles on it
and its a aod car right now

i want a tc or sc that will not make me go bankrupt and that will give me more power.

like right now I'm sure a civic could beat me in a race because of how heavy these fox verts are. and i cant have that happen.:lol: i don't like to get beat

so i kinda want a sleeper. there's a lot of kids with civics and vw around me that think there fast. and i really want to show them what a 23 year old v6 stang can do ( with the TC or SC first) and im sure your all thinking just put a 5.0 in there and me done. well that's not a option for while :notnice:

I'm at 112hp right now maybe a little more after the true duals but idk

the mods to the car already are

true dual with turbo mufflers
4:10 gears
and the k & n filter

so what do you guys think i should go with.can anyone point me in the right direction. Ive looked online and i can only find a turbocharger for the fuel injected v6 stangs

sorry if its :OT:

thanks for reading this :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

You will spend more money on a turbo than you would would on a v8 swap. If your junkyard savvy,you can find complete Explorer v8's for under $600. Buy it, sell the intake, buy a good carbed intake and 4 bbl with that money. You c ould probably do the whole swap including a tranny for ~$1200 or so. Lots less than any turbo or s/c.

it can be done...its just gonna be expensive and a real PITA to get it to work. not worth it, IMO. if you want to make good power, a motor swap is in order. whether its a 5.0, 3.8SC from a T-Bird or 2.3 Turbo 4-cylinder.

stprorolla49 said:
its gonna cost you a lotta money....you need the whole turbo or s/c setup, might needa be somewhat custom made, plus a decent intake, and a blow thru carb....just get a 5.0, its SO much easier and cheaper...

i wish i could but my dad wont let me :mad: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

idk mabey he will let me after i start driving

if he lets me my jaw will be like this :jaw:

thing is is that the reason we bought the car was becaus eit has only 51,962 miles on it
idk but i dought he will let me