turbo oil/cooling system question

turbo 408w stroker, around 1200-1400 hp, trying to find help on an oiling/cooling system for my turbo setup. was thinking just an external dry sump system, one pump, and an oil cooler run thru that, but would also like an electric pump for pre-ignition priming. for intercooler, i was looking at a shearer fab cooler that sits between the top plenum and the bottom plenum where the runners are on a holley hi-ram. should i go with this or run a traditional off-the-cold-side intercooler setup? opinions and tips on this and the oiling system would be very much appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

turbo 408w stroker, around 1200-1400 hp, trying to find help on an oiling/cooling system for my turbo setup. was thinking just an external dry sump system, one pump, and an oil cooler run thru that, but would also like an electric pump for pre-ignition priming. for intercooler, i was looking at a shearer fab cooler that sits between the top plenum and the bottom plenum where the runners are on a holley hi-ram. should i go with this or run a traditional off-the-cold-side intercooler setup? opinions and tips on this and the oiling system would be very much appreciated
What if I told you , you don’t need anything but a melling oil pump right in the pan where it came from factory . No fancy dry sump . No fancy oil cooler or a primer pump for it .

Shearer makes awesome awesome stuff . You need to figure out what intake is legal for any type of class you decide to run before you choose it if that’s your goal. Also consider all the extra weight and placement in the car for the water to air vs going air to air .

Reactions: 1 user
What if I told you , you don’t need anything but a melling oil pump right in the pan where it came from factory . No fancy dry sump . No fancy oil cooler or a primer pump for it .

Shearer makes awesome awesome stuff . You need to figure out what intake is legal for any type of class you decide to run before you choose it if that’s your goal. Also consider all the extra weight and placement in the car for the water to air vs going air to air .
i’m actually running a melling high-volume oil pump in the standard wet sump location lol. it wouldn’t be a bad idea to buy a small priming pump and an oil and trans cooler though would it?

i’m actually running a melling high-volume oil pump in the standard wet sump location lol. it wouldn’t be a bad idea to buy a small priming pump and an oil and trans cooler though would it?
Trans cooler you are going to need street driving it . On the ultra car we don’t run one because it gets pushed to lanes . Ran and shut off and pushed back .

once the engine is primed there’s really no reason to have to prime it again . We have a Peterson remote oil filter in the ultra car as well with a primer on the top of the filter housing . Again not needed . Been 4.9x to the 1/8 with the oil filter in the stock location and no primer

Trans cooler you are going to need street driving it . On the ultra car we don’t run one because it gets pushed to lanes . Ran and shut off and pushed back .

once the engine is primed there’s really no reason to have to prime it again . We have a Peterson remote oil filter in the ultra car as well with a primer on the top of the filter housing . Again not needed . Been 4.9x to the 1/8 with the oil filter in the stock location and no primer
i’m shooting for the stock block sbf world record, so a 4.9 or lowest is exactly what i want to run. thanks for the tips!