Turbo Setups and Suspension

Disturbed One

Jun 26, 2005
For the people who have done the single turbo and TT setup's or have seen... does it pretty much require to have the Tubular K-member and control arms to even start to fabricate a setup for the clearances?

I was also wondering how the Qa-1 component's were for quality and workability?? I know MM would be the prefered way to go but the $$ for those pieces are quite a bit more. Do you have to use tubular control arms with a tublar k-member or can you use stock arms with the tube k-member?

• Sponsors (?)

QA-1 has kind of a bad reputation. It moves your front wheels out a little and forward in the wheel well a little.

You can use stock arms, but if you went with QA-1 you'd need new arms (not necessarily their tubular ones) to fix the issue i mentioned above.

This is just what I've gathered from research I've been doing lately... suspension is next on my mod list.

It pretty much is IMO. A single setup MAY get away with it, but I wouldnt even want to try it....wouldnt think of it with twins. Just get a PA racing K member and A arms....good stuff. I would go with the MM coilover kit though. I had QA1 before and now MM.....MM freegin rocks and has much better quality.

It pretty much is IMO. A single setup MAY get away with it, but I wouldnt even want to try it....wouldnt think of it with twins. Just get a PA racing K member and A arms....good stuff. I would go with the MM coilover kit though. I had QA1 before and now MM.....MM freegin rocks and has much better quality.

I was hoping you might answer beings you've done this already. I take it from looking at all the kits it does the 4-1 header which goes down between the k-member and the coil or tublar a-arms then foward to the engine bay.

I'm just trying to get an idea of where to start and go from here. Is there a place to buy the exhaust peices for making your own headers and the flanges that mount to the head atleast? I've tried looking and haven't been able to find too much for turbos and exhaust peices to make your own. Anyone have suggestions?