Turbosnake95's Dart 331 / T-76 Turbo build up!

94gts said:
good eye:nice:

so i guess the car is gonna be more drag than street driven? if so then i see your reason for an auto.

i just like seeing high power cars that are still stick

Yah pretty much just a weekend cruiser, and track car. I have a 2004 Hyundai Elantra for a daily driver (gas milage:D ), and my Wife drives a 2000 Lighting for her daily driver.:nice:

The Cobra is pretty much just a toy now.:flag: The only car note I have left to pay is on the truck.

Will

• Sponsors (?)

Nik_95Cobra said:
Nice guy lol...I'd be daily driving the lightning and she'd be driving the elantra.

lol...nah, it was her Christmas present last year, she had always wanted one for like the last 5 years. Here is a pic of it in the drive way:

LightningTruck2.jpg

Will

Attachments

• LightningTruck2.jpg
    LightningTruck2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 71
UPDATE!! 3 May

Here is some updated pics as requested. Engine is in the car, Interior is almost completed (did some more painting today, but no picks yet) And Turbo Technology Inc. will be getting the car in around 10-13 days.

CarClean.jpg

EngineComplete4.jpg

EngineInsertion.jpg

EngineComplete3.jpg

Sorry for the LARGE PICS, but didnt feel like trying to make them smaller:bang:

Anyways there are more pics on my personal website for my car, and also an old video of 2 race seasons ago, will be keeping the website updated as much as possible.

Thanks

Will:flag:

Damn that looks good Will. I wish I could update my project thread but nothing has happened since I posted pics of my block.

I can't wait to see some number and videos from your car!

TurboSnake95 said:
1. The possible power output of close to 900-1000 HP at the engine
2. Shift consistancy
3. Able to build Boost at the line with 2 Step and Transbrake
4. No bad clutch excuses
5. Never miss a shift
6. Will be in full boost all the way down the track, where as in a manual when you shift you lose manifold pressure
7. Never have to replace that damn throw out bearing again
8. Will run consistant E.T's
9. Never have to worry about shearing the teeth of the tranny gears
10. No more clutches
11. Also even though this is an Auto, it still shift's like a manual:D

These are just some of the reason's, there are alot more.

I was running a Tremmec TKO and I like this setup much more with what I have in the car.

Will

Very nice reasoning....you have a lot more patience with that question than I do!:D I just usually tell them when ya gat to that level of power, you'll know why!

We have very similar setups. However, I just ditched the C4 (which was borrowed anyhow) after blowing through multiple Art Carrs and installed a Lentech Strip Terminator with an Ultimate Converter....goodbye tranny problems....hello overdrive again! Man did the new tranny setup feel good at the track last weekend!! Good luck with your project, I'll definitely be following along!:nice:

Project update 5 June 2006.

Went by Turbo Technology Inc. and took some spy photo's:

Turbo siiting were the battery used to be.
Turbo5.jpg

Driver side header.
Turbo4.jpg

Side view of Turbo.
Turbo3.jpg

Pasanger side header.
Turbo2.jpg

Driver side header and Turbo, you can see were the waste gate and cross over will be located.
Turbo.jpg

They are still in the mock up phase since we want to keep the power steering, but when I went there and saw the big turbo sitting in there I started to feel a sensation in the pants:D

On my old TTI Street kit with the much smaller turbo was on the passanger side.

:flag:

Attachments

• Turbo2.jpg
    Turbo2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Turbo3.jpg
    Turbo3.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Turbo4.jpg
    Turbo4.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Turbo5.jpg
    Turbo5.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 74
  • Turbo.jpg
    Turbo.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 69
Killercanary said:
:drool: :jaw:

I'm so excited for your buildup! Is that a custom PS bracket? Are you still running the stock front accessories and timing cover?

Nope, it's the stock brackets on both sides that I had powder coated black:D and the timing chain cover is stock also, just powder coated that also to match the brackets. All the Acc. are still stock:nice:

Sometime next week im going to go take some more spy photo's:D

Will

Black95GTS said:
Good lord man. What are you using for a fuel delivery system? And how high are you gonna rev it?? 72 pound squirters, I love it!

If you can plant that, you're way into the tens...

Adam

Complete Aeromotive fuel system with the Eleminator fuel pump, 72 pound inj, and a F.A.S.T B2B computer. Rev no farther than 6k

Will

TurboSnake95 said:
Complete Aeromotive fuel system with the Eleminator fuel pump, 72 pound inj, and a F.A.S.T B2B computer. Rev no farther than 6k

Will

Very nice! Whats your bore / stroke / rod length? Just curious as to why you want it under 6K. You could push some insane horse through a setup like that. If you went with say a 3.250 crank, you could take a big chunk out of rod length... faster piston speeds means the turbo's spooling up, AND you avoid lots of detonation due to remaining at TDC too long...

Its kinda tricky balancing it all out without putting too much pressure on the block due to rod angle, but with a DART... you're good to go!

Adam

Black95GTS said:
Very nice! Whats your bore / stroke / rod length? Just curious as to why you want it under 6K. You could push some insane horse through a setup like that. If you went with say a 3.250 crank, you could take a big chunk out of rod length... faster piston speeds means the turbo's spooling up, AND you avoid lots of detonation due to remaining at TDC too long...

Its kinda tricky balancing it all out without putting too much pressure on the block due to rod angle, but with a DART... you're good to go!

Adam

Here you go:

O Scat 4340 3.25" '331' Forged crankshaft
O Scat 4340 5.400" H-beam rod
O Probe Dished 1.175 piston 14.2cc dish
O Clevite Bearings
O Total Seal Classic Race file fit rings
O Bliss Performance - block machining, balancing, assembly, and blueprint

the resaon for 6K limit is I want a little protection:D

Will:D