Turn signal relay?

schoonover_88

Jan 1, 2004
My blinkers don't work, and I am wondering is there supposed to be anything in the circle shaped place on the top right of the fuse pannel as shown circled in yellow here................................

Thanks.

EDIT: Pic taken out.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a supposed "flasher" and it fit the hole pattern and was way too lose, so I looked behind the dash and found something that looked like it would fit, so I took off the thing and it fit perfectly, but turn signals still didn't work.

The relay you want to replace would be just behind the panel on the other side of the fuse box. You' ll see two wires going from the panel to a round and about the same diameter relay. It controls the blinking for the turn signals. has a plastic top(mine stock baby blue color) that mounts it to part of the dash.

StangBangRicers said:
The relay you want to replace would be just behind the panel on the other side of the fuse box. Round and about the same diameter. It controls the blinking for the turn signals.

I do believe that is the one that I changed. It was just up inside the dash behind the fuse pannel. But the thing is that before and after I changed the flasher, whichever it may have been, the hazard lights worked and still work fine. I can't figure it out. :shrug:

Does your fan work for the a/c or heat vent? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the ignition switch in the steering column. If the connection is loose your turn signals wont work but you hazards may still work due to the fact that hazards are meant to work even when the key is off, but turn signals dont. What I had to do is take the trim piece around the steering column off and I noticed the white wire contact that clips into the alum casting holding the bearings and springs for the lock mechinism was falling down, so I held it up and tapped the 4 small casting clips on all 4 corners of the casting until the casting was holding the white plastic piece tighter. I realize this may sound confusing, but i cant think of any other way to explain it. The reason I asked about the blower for the a/c and heat was, in my situation the turn signals and the blower would go out at the same time, and the way i found it was they would both work if i jiggled the key in the ignition. Let me know what you find, and i hope this helped.

I have a 90 L.X. my turn signals just stopped working also. The flasher in the fuse box runs the hazzards. My other flasher for the turn signals was behind my factory radio on the pass side near the bottom of the glove box. It was also colored in blue just like the one in the fuse box. I changed it out and the signals now work.