tweecer install - please help asap!

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
5,589
9
98
Bethesda, MD
I have said it before and I'll say it again: I must be an idiot! :bang: :bang: :mad:

I am finally trying to install my TwEECer R/T, and I am running into difficulties. I can't get the GDMF computer out! In the pic below, I have removed the brass bolt in the upper right, and I have disconnected the 3 harnesses in front, but that is as far as I can get. I know I am supposed to disconnect the big harness at the bottom of the computer, and I have disconnected the 2 black clips, but I cannot get it off. I am guessing it is just "frozen" together from sitting like that for almost 10 years. :shrug:

It dosen't help that it is impossible to get any leverage on it because of the angle ... :mad:

Did you have trouble getting it out? Any suggestions? Is it safe to spray it with WD-40?

DSCF0240.JPG
 
The big connector is held on by that bolt in the middle of it.

Once you get the EEC out and the TwEECer installed, you're going to have to remove the white harness from inside the kick panel -- the EEC won't fit back in there with it in place.

Dave
 
Kindof off topic here...but why did you spent the money on a TwEECer when you are still running stock heads and stock cam? That $500+ could of gone towards more productive go-fast goodies.
 
ok, i got it out. i got it to read the eec, so i know it is working. but now when i try to start the car, the fan turns on and it just cranks. it even does that when i disconnect the tweecer.

i didn't F#$% my computer, did i?

94DreamGT said:
Kindof off topic here...but why did you spent the money on a TwEECer when you are still running stock heads and stock cam? That $500+ could of gone towards more productive go-fast goodies.

1. very off topic there
2. they are ported stock heads.
3. i am planning on installing a cam in the future.
4. you can maximize mpg or hp with the tweecer.
5. i am planning on making more changes in the future, i can update the tuning myself.
6. i am a computer programmer, i am very interested in the workings of the eec.