Twin turbo mustang DYNO results! Yep its ME :D

Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost an uncle a couple of years ago that pretty much got me into cars and racing and such. I know that he would want me to keep on building faster and better cars than he did. I'm sure your dad feels the same way. :flag:

Very sweet car you have. I believe it was you who wrote the write up that I used for my PI cam install last summer.

Haha, I was going to say... someone doesn't know the legend of hotmustang331...:rlaugh:

That car and that stock bottom end defy the laws of physics... seriously.

Ha. I don't know the legend either, but I'm still gonna say keep a camera on the car at all times so we have video of it if/when it goes kaboom. lol

• Sponsors (?)

wow, that is terrible about your dad. i figured something was up when i PM'd you back in august when you hadnt been on here in a few months. i know you and your dad were close. i remember reading that first turbo build thread and how much he was helping you out. then you wrecked and sold the car, and bought it back a few months later. that was just after my build, so it's been a long time.

i'm glad you're back around here. seems like there arent as many of the old guys here anymore. great numbers on the stock engine too! i know it's a beast! you've beat my numbers with less boost and a stock engine!!!:eek:

BTW do you still have the bike?

Really sorry to hear about your Dad, you have my thoughts to you and your family. I am glad to see you back in the car and getting it going agian! Impressive numbers to say the least! Maybe now you can get it to the track, You have a return fuel system on that thing?

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT AND COMMENTS! I really really appreciate them and im glad to be back! :nice:

WOW... It has been a while, I was just wondering the other day where you have been. Sorry to hear about your father, thats a tough situation to deal with. Glad to see you are doing better though...

Those new numbers are amazing!!! Your GT is 1 gifted car, I have never seen a stock longblock 2V ever put out those type of numbers & not go BOOM!!!

When you gonna hit the track to see what she runs?

Thanks Epic, not sure about track time haha...im not sure I want to run it @ 14.5PSI for a full 1/4 pass lol. I have done several 4th gear pulls on the highway to dial the tune in, but I know 640 is REALLY pushing the stock bottom end. Compression test made me feel good though...183-194 accross the board :)
I dont mind doing my daily driver setting of 9PSI or even the 12PSI setting though....maybe soon, its just going to be really hard going back to the track for the first time. :(

what cams your running? impressive numbers :)

VT STG 1 N/A cams...yea lol, NA cams :rlaugh:

Will do! Plus a vid in the next post :)

Wow, that is impressive for a stock short block. and some insane numbers. what was the cause for your boost to drop on your last run? im not too familiar with turbos.

I had my boost controller too sensitive and the setpoint too low. It spiked to 14.5 (shooting for 14) and then it slammed the waste gate open to shut down/hold the boost...well it slammed it open too far and cause it to drop. I just didnt have time to make it peak right to 14PSI and hold steady on that setting :shrug: It is easly fixed in my settings if I get some time to play with it.

Wow Very impressive! Sorry about your dad, i know how you feel my mom died about 7 years ago...

Sorry to hear bro :( It does suck....you could never ever prepare yourself for something like that.

wow, that is terrible about your dad. i figured something was up when i PM'd you back in august when you hadnt been on here in a few months. i know you and your dad were close. i remember reading that first turbo build thread and how much he was helping you out. then you wrecked and sold the car, and bought it back a few months later. that was just after my build, so it's been a long time.

i'm glad you're back around here. seems like there arent as many of the old guys here anymore. great numbers on the stock engine too! i know it's a beast! you've beat my numbers with less boost and a stock engine!!!:eek:

BTW do you still have the bike?

Thanks Saleen! Been a while bro...but yea no way im touching your IC sprayd run lol! I fogot what you made pump and boost only...so I went and looked it up haha...still EXCELLENT numbers and you run that setting all the time. Mines only for special occasions :rlaugh:

Yes sir...busa is still in the garage under a bike cover. Rode it around the block once in the past 5 months :notnice: But hopefully this summer that will change :)

Really sorry to hear about your Dad, you have my thoughts to you and your family. I am glad to see you back in the car and getting it going agian! Impressive numbers to say the least! Maybe now you can get it to the track, You have a return fuel system on that thing?

Thanks bro...nope its returnless. Twin ford GT pumps in a 03 cobra tank...with a stg2 fpdm. And I run 80# injectors. The injectors are @74% duty cycle...the pumps are pegged on the topend lol. Ill need a BAP if I ever want to go higher. :nice:

Ok here are the pics of the downpipe I just made before the dyno.

8a3ed01a.jpg

Dont mind the rust on the uppipe haha...car had been setting a while and I havnt got around to painting them again.

a147be78.jpg

07b9b708.jpg

Overall I gained a good amount of ground clearance and no it was NOT easy to route the pipes like that lol. I think that pic was taken before it was fully bolted up, but the pipes are level with eachother :)

And here is the DYNO VIDEO on youtube. I also have some other vids on my account of the boost gauge durring all three runs.

YouTube - My twin turbo 04 mustang GT dyno...640RWHP...STOCK SHORTBLOCK!

the car is especially lasy on the dyno due to the low load placed on the engine, but id say around 3000RPM on that run. On the street its gear dependant. 4th gear on the street I get 14PSI a little before 5000RPM with it boosting before 3K if I start it that low. 3rd gear on the street is closer to that dyno in terms of spoolup. Typically if I run it, ill roll at 3000-3500 and it takes off pretty quick :)
Its def not a typical turbo car like it was with the 57s lol....its a highway runner now instead of a torque monster haha.

Did you buy this car brand new? If not then I doubt its a stock shortblock. Seeing that all of the stock shortblocks I have done compression test on read right around 160 and only built shortblock read around 180 (better rings)

I like your exhaust setup a lot. You have no mufflers and it just exits underneath the car like that? When my cutout is open on the 88, it dumps towards the ground and is pretty dang loud. I'm always thinking if I point the exhaust out the side, it would be much quieter. Did you find that to be true?

Yes I bought the car brand new :) had 8 miles on it and had a driver bring it down to Austin...168 miles when I signed the papers.

I did notice that it's quiter everywhere except right where they exit haha. I had ran it with open downpipes for a while before rebuilding the downpipes and now it's def quieter.
The other downpipes just exited straight towards the back...they stopped at about the k member haha.

Dude,sorry to hear about your dad!! :(
As for the stang,man it's crazy how far it came.I remember when you first put the turbo in,and you weren't sure how it would be with the N?A cams you had!!Congrats on the numbers,that's crazy stuff on a stock block,and internals!!:nice: