Progress Thread TxFireman’s Electric Red Coupe refresh

Why the 2003 cobra tank, and does it take more fitting than the filler neck?

It does already have a fuel system. It has a 03 Cobra tank that I modified to accept the Fox filler tube. I cut the section with the filler neck grommet out of a Fox tank and has it welded into the 03 Cobra tank. It has a Fore Innovations billet hat with twin Walbro pumps (8an feed, 6an return), Fore filters, and all PTFE line. I also added -8 rollover valve/vent valve and a section of braided line that runs up behind the bumper with a filter on the end.

6AAC9802-68BC-49C4-8483-FC2F094E996F.jpeg

A5673F01-BFAF-4208-A089-805555EEDB03.jpeg

CA6500D9-FFD3-4843-948E-6E11A732C6D0.jpeg

3AD32EF7-6BF9-4E8B-A453-C04A59D5EAB4.jpeg

I also built my own relay box for my fuel pumps. It’s a redundant system so each pump has two relays. That way if for some reason you lose A relay the pump still continues to run off of the second relay. Relay box is mounted on the side of my battery box

B0884B08-AF7C-416C-8111-F6AC70D9F5C9.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

The 03 Cobra tank has a built-in internal sump. I’m also running the FORE Innovations billet hat that allows twin pumps in the tank.
Is it close enough in shape to fit without other mods?

The 351 and Airplane size super Charger look like a monster soon to be unleashed. I hope your torque boxes are reinforced and subframes are connected.
And Carmichael Angelo is an experienced recreational fabricator and engineer. The Gila Monster is not his first a rodeo. That he is asking questions, and not needing to correct grammar or bad ideas is a big complement.

The 351 and Airplane size super Charger look like a monster soon to be unleashed. I hope your torque boxes are reinforced and subframes are connected.
And Carmichael Angelo is an experienced recreational fabricator and engineer. The Gila Monster is not his first a rodeo. That he is asking questions, and not needing to correct grammar or bad ideas is a big complement.

Yes, the tank size wise bolts right in. Same size as a Fox.

it’s a 331, not a 351. Also it’s just a Vortech V2-Si, not a big blower at all lol. I have Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connectors, Wild Rides torque box reinforcements, Wolfe torque box plates, and all of the torque box seams have been welded.

I know nothing about him other than he seems about as annoying as a mosquito in my ear lol. I’m used to people like him. Ive had Foxes since the late 80’s have been around the forums that long too. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is Indy on Corral lol

Yes, the tank size wise bolts right in. Same size as a Fox.

it’s a 331, not a 351. Also it’s just a Vortech V2-Si, not a big blower at all lol. I have Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connectors, Wild Rides torque box reinforcements, Wolfe torque box plates, and all of the torque box seams have been welded.

I know nothing about him other than he seems about as annoying as a mosquito in my ear lol. I’m used to people like him. Ive had Foxes since the late 80’s have been around the forums that long too. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is Indy on Corral lol
I can own the annoying characterization if you’re talking about some of my comments in other threads..In yours however, I was just trying to understand what I was seeing with regard to how the bypass valve thing worked when compared to a BOV on a turbo. Your thread was one of the few I can’t find anything but good in.
Now, that said,... if you consider those few questions I’ve asked of you annoying,..you can do exactly the same here as you can in the Corral, it just takes more effort.
And you can look me up over there by my old screen name ( Mike1157) where I haven’t posted anything since 2012 when I sold the red car. Sorry, I’m not Indy2000.

I gotta go now...gotta find an ear to buzzz in.....;)

Reactions: 1 user

As said tanks the same size and bolts in . A 03 cobra does have the wrong size filler neck . Guys modify them- other companies like Aeromotive make them ready for a Fox filler . I had the Aeromotive version with an drop in a1000 for a cobra from 2015-2017 until I pulled it to re do my car

in for any updates on this project. also i remeber you from when you had the convertible over at FastLane many moons ago. We never met, but I saw and heard about your car then.
That wasn’t me. The only convertible I’ve ever owned was a 86 GT I bought a few years ago and parted out lol.

Updates are coming soon. I really haven’t had much time to work on the car. Been pretty busy with other things, work, etc. I’ll post some updates soon though. I really wasn’t even sure if anyone was even following it lol

As said tanks the same size and bolts in . A 03 cobra does have the wrong size filler neck . Guys modify them- other companies like Aeromotive make them ready for a Fox filler . I had the Aeromotive version with an drop in a1000 for a cobra from 2015-2017 until I pulled it to re do my car
Yeah I modified mine using a Fox filler neck. All of the info and pictures of that are on page 1

Last minute upgrade. I picked up a Dominator ECU to replace the HP. Possibilities are endless now!
FBC61E1C-BD56-4953-BF89-3D5AC5413ABF.jpeg

Also grabbed one of the Holley Dominator mounts made for under the passenger side seat of a Fox

2CCD0F91-1BE5-4129-A05C-170DB08BBDFA.jpeg

I grabbed one of the Motion Raceworks USB cable brackets too. It bolts to the ECU mounts and has a slot for the USB cable to sit in to keep it from getting damaged or broken off in the ECU:

7814A142-559D-4B98-8D39-FBB681A38056.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
That wasn’t me. The only convertible I’ve ever owned was a 86 GT I bought a few years ago and parted out lol.

Updates are coming soon. I really haven’t had much time to work on the car. Been pretty busy with other things, work, etc. I’ll post some updates soon though. I really wasn’t even sure if anyone was even following it lol
okay. my bad. thought you were the same guy from westsidemustangs back in the day. his screen name was like yours, thought it was you. please forgive. definitely following.

Got my front and rear Cobra calipers back from being rebuilt and powdercoated gunmetal grey by Tom Clark at Sinisbuilt
D28AFB36-82F9-4D10-B497-F42726C42BBA.jpeg

I also grabbed a 3” Cowl hood from Kaenen. The best fitting hood made for a Fox in my opinion!

3C540029-BAEC-42BF-9196-028296640063.jpeg

Contour fans and LMR bracket kit came in too. Made install a piece of cake!!

5E4DB7B4-B400-4164-9385-9FD0F73A3560.jpeg

170E1294-0CCE-404C-93A9-9F7263A97C2C.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
I can’t remember if I posted but I did get my oil feed and return lines made for the supercharger
191FDDD2-BE04-49DA-ACB4-30B7F10A7273.jpeg

Also had a 6an fitting welded on to the fitting for my power steering pump. It’s a screw in adapter but I wanted to have it welded so I never have to worry about a leak there

7C1E5B26-ED55-4BDA-982A-D382DCAD2E85.jpeg

AFB98FE0-C186-4D3D-8292-1072BF5DC01E.jpeg