types of s 197's

ooraceredgt

Feb 28, 2003
my cousin just bought an 06 mustang gt. its not a regular gt and its not a saleen or roush. it has a roots type blower and he bought it directly from ford. the exterior looks like elisnore from "gone in 60 seconds". it has other bolt ons too but they came from ford also. what kind of gt is this? what type of numbers do they produce? he wants to race so i just wanted to know what i was up against.:shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

alright i'll get some pics when i meet up with him tomorrow. he's gonna let me test drive it first then we gonna race. i just wish i knew what kinda numbers his car is putting down.

ooraceredgt said:
alright i'll get some pics when i meet up with him tomorrow.

Take all the pics you want. It won't change the fact that Ford does not make them that way. It's an aftermarket car whether the dealer or someone else did it.

ok. i finally got to see the car upclose. it isnt supercharged. it has a cowl induction hood like the mach 1's and in turn he thought it was supercharged. he hasnt really followed mustangs since he sold his 86 gt back in 1989 so cant really blame him for thinking that could be a s/c. we still ended up racing and it wasnt even close. i put about 7 car lengths on him and i called it quits at 120mph. after the races were over( we raced from 50 mph, 60 mph, and so on), he had already decided that he was going to get it s/c'd but he just wanted to see what it would do before he had the work done. we started talking and he asked if their was anything else other than a s/c he to do too get 450 rwhp. i told him twin turbos and that is what he has decided on. it'll be sweet because i get to take it home with me and be the first to drive it after the TT's are installed (except for the speed shop). i really cant wait to see this when its all done.

pics finally

66Satellite said:
Yep. Also, maybe the racing could be done at the TRACK?

thanks for the advice...:lol: yea no one here has ever raced on the street.:rlaugh: :rlaugh: if their was a track withing 200 miles we might have, but since their wasnt; an old backroad did just fine.

Attachments

• mike 1.jpg
    mike 1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 200
  • mike 2.jpg
    mike 2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 208
ok that looks pretty bad.ive never seen one like that at a dealership around here.they usually only put flashy wheels on them.i like the gt stripe down the side.i need to check on that mach 1 setup.i may do that instead of a bolt on cai.that looks bada5s

Shaker hoods don't mean supercharged... :nonono:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sounds like he needs to do more research, and know some basic Mustang facts before buying something he thought was OEM Ford.

Oh and, don't let the speed shop test drive the car... they will abuse it.