Unable to program remote

TheChad88

5 Year Member
Jun 11, 2017
I have an 07 GT and I can’t get the vehicle into program mode to setup a remote. I am cycling the key 8 times in ten seconds and ending on run. Any ideas as to what my problem could be?

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't done this for many years but was able to do it and successfully program a VW style switchblade key for my 07 GT.

When you are doing the on/off cycle are your doors closed?

When you hit it just right your doors should lock / unlock and I seem to remember you had to have the door closed.

I don't recall being limited to 10 seconds so it was just a fluid key in ignition and move to on then to off and so one for 8 times ending on ON and bingo.

I haven't done this for many years but was able to do it and successfully program a VW style switchblade key for my 07 GT.

When you are doing the on/off cycle are your doors closed?

When you hit it just right your doors should lock / unlock and I seem to remember you had to have the door closed.

I don't recall being limited to 10 seconds so it was just a fluid key in ignition and move to on then to off and so one for 8 times ending on ON and bingo.

Thanks Savior, that was the information I was missing. I’ve been doing it with my door open. Closed the door and it work fine. Thanks for the advice bud.

Reactions: 1 user