Unexpected Dyno Results D1 Mach1

AirTractor

Jan 29, 2017
I did a search on dyno results related threads but didn't come up with anything that had any recent activity. Mods feel free to move this post if need be.

Well I took a vacation day today and had Mo at LSXKILR custom calibrations tune my Mach. I was expecting lower numbers than what the car had produced with the previous owner. I was skeptical that the car was actual making 500HP/425TQ.... Well maybe it actually does! Which is a good problem to have, however I'm fearful the internals are a ticking time bomb! I had him tune it down to 440 and three different tunes on the SCT switch chip. 440 tune 1, 480 tune 2, 520 tune 3 and a high idle tune.

Here is my mods list:

Stock 04 Mach 1 4.6 4V
D1 @ around 9psi
39lb injectors (maxed out)
Focus fuel pump (also maxed out)
4" custom power pipe intake huge powerstac filter
Paul's intake spacer
Bassani off road x pipe
magnaflow cat backs
3 core intercooler

2B514065-9AF0-40CB-A52F-A7CADE990F2D_zpsmlohltmz.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Running a 100% cycle duty on your fuel injectors is never a good idea. Fuel starvation could mean a damaged engine. You should consider 47lb/hr or 60lb/hr fuel injectors and retune.

Absolutely! That was the reason why I wanted to see where I was at. Turning it down so I can make it survive until this fall when I can upgrade the fuel system, put forged internals in, and turn up the boost. I also found out that I need a bigger blow off. I'll be driving it like a grandma until I can come up with the extra scratch to upgrade.

Ford Racing 80# injectors are the same price as a 60 and give you room to grow. Either way a retune is needed.

Go with the big red race valve (procharger) It will sound like a jet engine but will pop off all the air you need. I'm 15+ psi on a p1 and it handles just fine. You'll need to dump it to the atmosphere (Which is fine since procharger dump is pre maf) as trying to recirculate it will cause impeller wash (Although it quiets it down a lot).

Good luck.

Ford Racing 80# injectors are the same price as a 60 and give you room to grow. Either way a retune is needed.

Go with the big red race valve (procharger) It will sound like a jet engine but will pop off all the air you need. I'm 15+ psi on a p1 and it handles just fine. You'll need to dump it to the atmosphere (Which is fine since procharger dump is pre maf) as trying to recirculate it will cause impeller wash (Although it quiets it down a lot).

Good luck.

Thanks. Definitely want to leave room to grow. Should I be looking at a complete rotating assembly build or just the rods, pistons, valvetrain since the mach has the forged crank?

The forged is good already. Hell the cast holds 800+ all day long (mine is cast).

Forged rods/pistons go a long way. To do it cheaper look for good 03/04 cobra take outs. I'm running a set with full arp hardware and my bottom end should hold 800 all day long. No need on the valve train other than upgraded springs (and only if running aftermarket cams). These motors are really tough in stock form (sans the rods).