Unknown Wire

Now I did search allot and cannot find the info needed.

The harness that goes to the Alt, their is a plugin on the dr side near shock tower, the Brown/yellow stripe wire goes into the dr side harness thru the firewall..

On the other end of the 3 wire plug where *alt harness* plugs into.. the Brown /yellow stripe wire comes out and I have NO idea where it is supposed to go. 2 of the 3 wires goto the Alt.

I removed the tape from alt harness and the wire doesn't go in there. So where could it go ?

• Sponsors (?)

Now I did search allot and cannot find the info needed.

The harness that goes to the Alt, their is a plugin on the dr side near shock tower, the Brown/yellow stripe wire goes into the dr side harness thru the firewall..

On the other end of the 3 wire plug where *alt harness* plugs into.. the Brown /yellow stripe wire comes out and I have NO idea where it is supposed to go. 2 of the 3 wires goto the Alt.

I removed the tape from alt harness and the wire doesn't go in there. So where could it go ?
No info about your car's model year, EFI or carb, no mods listed. Makes it hard to troubleshoot when we don't know what you have.

Therefore, no clue as to which wiring diagram you need. The wiring changed several times between 79 & 95.

That's why it is a good idea to use the Signature option under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good Stangnetter and update you sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.

The BR/Y is a brown wire with a yellow stripe.

Most likely it was the power to the 4 cylinder electric fan. See if the shape of the connector in the drawing matches the shape of the connector in your car...

?temp_hash=ad6253d399cf930412dd570c40dc746c.gif

Attachments

• electric fan 4 cylinder car.gif
    electric fan 4 cylinder car.gif
    51.9 KB · Views: 132
What wire from the alternator connects to the electric fan circuit? How big is the wire and what are the wire and stipe colors?

The green/red wire for the alternator is for the trigger and alternator warning light. With the blub turned off the alternator knows the ignition is on and the regulator feeds power to the alternator field windings. When the regulator turns the warning light on, that means the alternator isn't putting out sufficient power to charge the battery.

attachment.php?attachmentid=64898&stc=1&d=1292685364.gif