unusual how to spend money question

k5zx

Apr 6, 2006
I have been wondering why my usual advisors on this forum have not answered the below question for a cople weeks now until I just realized I posted it to another forum (that doesnt work good).

Anyway my question is similiar to one that I read here all the time - I have x amount of money what HP mods should I do except this case has a twist. It all has to be out of the FRPP catalogue (I think- more on this in a minute).

Here is the situation
When I bought my new auto gt conv a couple weeks ago I opted for this 850 package that I subseuently learned was a rip off. (*Every* single posting I found about it on the net, as well as family and others I asked about it said it was). It was for the undercarriage, leather, paint and I forgot what else to all be upgraded in various ways. Anyway, the dealership let me out of the contract at least their half of it. Then they owed me 850 worht of parts labor and I had the windows (after a process) tinted for about 300.

So now I have about 5 or 6 hundred to spend and it must be out of the frpp catalogue. I could throw in a little if I need to but i need some suggestions. taknig into consideration that I can still buy stuff elsewhere for a better product /price. Such as- I was going to buy the 90 MM CAI from FRPP until someone here showed me a package sct/densecharger combo online for btwn 5 and 6 hundred.

So if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.

• Sponsors (?)

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8749

its a hurst short throw shifter. you could also get some of the other wheels on the FRPP site. maybe some stripes. :shrug:

it really depends on you. you just bought a CAI/xcal right? the power pack and drag pack are out. how about some new rear gears?

EDIT: you have an auto dont you? :bang: guess the hurst is out then. you could always look in the FORD accessory brochure. remote start, car cover, etc....

k5zx said:
I have been wondering why my usual advisors on this forum have not answered the below question for a cople weeks now until I just realized I posted it to another forum (that doesnt work good).

Anyway my question is similiar to one that I read here all the time - I have x amount of money what HP mods should I do except this case has a twist. It all has to be out of the FRPP catalogue (I think- more on this in a minute).

Here is the situation
When I bought my new auto gt conv a couple weeks ago I opted for this 850 package that I subseuently learned was a rip off. (*Every* single posting I found about it on the net, as well as family and others I asked about it said it was). It was for the undercarriage, leather, paint and I forgot what else to all be upgraded in various ways. Anyway, the dealership let me out of the contract at least their half of it. Then they owed me 850 worht of parts labor and I had the windows (after a process) tinted for about 300.

So now I have about 5 or 6 hundred to spend and it must be out of the frpp catalogue. I could throw in a little if I need to but i need some suggestions. taknig into consideration that I can still buy stuff elsewhere for a better product /price. Such as- I was going to buy the 90 MM CAI from FRPP until someone here showed me a package sct/densecharger combo online for btwn 5 and 6 hundred.

So if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.
Check you're other thread, whyfrpp CAIs are all for standards, and you'll see that I've answered you're questions, I just posted 2 more today..so go take a look..

bigcat said:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8749

its a hurst short throw shifter. you could also get some of the other wheels on the FRPP site. maybe some stripes. :shrug:

it really depends on you. you just bought a CAI/xcal right? the power pack and drag pack are out. how about some new rear gears?

EDIT: you have an auto dont you? :bang: guess the hurst is out then. you could always look in the FORD accessory brochure. remote start, car cover, etc....

I can't find the accessory brochure online. But that was the first thing we looked at teh dealership. You know those mudguards in it with the ponies on them/ The dealership was gonig to put those on my car for just $250. I am not kidding. I ordered them for 17. plus S$H online. Tehn when I got them didnt like them. They look like mudflaps. About a 1/4 inch think at most.
NNo I didnt get the CAI/tuner combo, that is HAnks. That is what i was wondering- should I get the combo or that $600 90 MM one in the frpp manual? I guess I could always get the tuner later if I got the frpp CAI- What do you think and thanks for your response

k5zx said:
I can't find the accessory brochure online. But that was the first thing we looked at teh dealership. You know those mudguards in it with the ponies on them/ The dealership was gonig to put those on my car for just $250. I am not kidding. I ordered them for 17. plus S$H online. Tehn when I got them didnt like them. They look like mudflaps. About a 1/4 inch think at most.
NNo I didnt get the CAI/tuner combo, that is HAnks. That is what i was wondering- should I get the combo or that $600 90 MM one in the frpp manual? I guess I could always get the tuner later if I got the frpp CAI- What do you think and thanks for your response
Did you bother to read my replies ??? I left you 2 more on you're other thread

red05bullitgt said:
Did you bother to read my replies ??? I left you 2 more on you're other thread

Yes i did Thank you. As soon as I posted to Bigcat and read your above reference to them I went to teh other post. I didn't reply there because I had no comment for the moment. I have been considering what you posted. I really need to use my balance at the dealership. I asked yesterday for them to look in to me ordering a rollbar through the aftermarket shop that tinted my car. If they will, that is probably what I shuold do. It doesnt look like the 90 mm frpp is worth it from teh dealership, but like I said, I really need to use up that balance.
And thanks for explaining the diff btwn the pro cal and sct. I guess if I got the 90mm, and then the sct by itself, then I wouldn't need the pro cal and could ebay it to recoup a little money, right? At any rate I am going to decide early this week. Don't worry any time you spend advising me is not wasted.

k5zx said:
Yes i did Thank you. As soon as I posted to Bigcat and read your above reference to them I went to teh other post. I didn't reply there because I had no comment for the moment. I have been considering what you posted. I really need to use my balance at the dealership. I asked yesterday for them to look in to me ordering a rollbar through the aftermarket shop that tinted my car. If they will, that is probably what I shuold do. It doesnt look like the 90 mm frpp is worth it from teh dealership, but like I said, I really need to use up that balance.
And thanks for explaining the diff btwn the pro cal and sct. I guess if I got the 90mm, and then the sct by itself, then I wouldn't need the pro cal and could ebay it to recoup a little money, right? At any rate I am going to decide early this week. Don't worry any time you spend advising me is not wasted.
That's good, because I'm doing my best to give you the best advice possible, while also saving you money, so make sure you contact Livernois Motorsports..They have both the FRPP CAI w/ pro cal. for $529.00 And The Steeda CAI for $259.00 w/SCT XCAL II for $379.95 or you can also try http://www.discountpowerparts.com/Online_Store/SCT_TUNERS/SCT_Performance_Tuners.html they also have really great prices on the X CAL II

V8JamesGT said:
I would go with the Ford Racing Handling Pack in your case

If I didnt have the 600 credit at teh dealeship I would definately do as redbullit above suggested. I really need to use this credit even if it means spending just as much for the racing pack