Update: Lots of pictures, Pretty fox rear disc

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Well as some of you know, ive been slowly going 5 lug on my fox. This past week or so ive collected most of the parts i need (waiting on some brake lines) to do the Mark VII rear disc converstion. (as some of you may know) The cool thing about this rear disc setup is it allows you to keep the stock Fox length axles and upgrade to Nice (bigger than the mustang GT (94-04) ...Vented (Also better than the 94-04 solid rotor) .. 11.25" rear disc setup.

Anyways, theres a little fabrication involted, but for the most part its pretty easy....Enjoy :)
....Stock rear drums....
Rear-Drum.jpg

Drum.jpg

<center>....Magic.....
sparklybolt.jpg

Passenger side...
PSdisc.jpg

psdiscback.jpg

Driverside...
driversidedisc.jpg

driversideback.jpg

Attachments

• Rear-Drum.jpg
    Rear-Drum.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 62
  • sparklybolt.jpg
    sparklybolt.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Drum.jpg
    Drum.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 97
  • driversidedisc.jpg
    driversidedisc.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 50
  • psdiscback.jpg
    psdiscback.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 61
  • PSdisc.jpg
    PSdisc.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 60
  • driversideback.jpg
    driversideback.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Sponsors (?)

I love shiny brakes.

How much did you pay for the Lincoln/SVO rear calipers? I had heard that they were anywhere from $80 to $125 each, and I kinda wanted the extra .75" of width, or I'd've done that swap instead of SN95.

Brian

how did you hook up the emergency brakes?? did you do that modification shown on the other write-ups where you weld a piece to the end of the factory cable and drill a hole in it to slip over the mark VII caliper mount?

mark VII rotors are the same as the svo rotors out back? good, I was wondering which "lincoln" rotors they were always talking about.

Ebrake hasnt been delt with as of yet. Yes the rear SVO rotors are the same as the mark VII.

Ash, the rear calipers were 25$ for both at pic-apart. I turned the cores in and got rebuilt units, i dont have a final price yet, but its way less than you listed.(otherwise i wouldnt be able to afford to do it ;) )

well, took the day off from work and ...well worked, but on my car instead. Changed the mastercylinder over to a sn95 unit (redid the fittings, flaring..all that jazz) , filled the differential with some lube, Bled the brakes, mounted the tires up and just got done, full 9 hour day for that stuff :( , on the bonus side...it looks hot! :D when i get more time ill hook up the ebrake..for now im happy it rolls again .... enjoy

nicesideshot.jpg

frontrear.jpg

sideback.jpg

View attachment 516058

:banana: :cheers:

Attachments

• frontrear.jpg
    frontrear.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 55
  • nicesideshot.jpg
    nicesideshot.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 60
  • sideback.jpg
    sideback.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 54
fronts are 255/45 and rears are 275/40, rubbing isnt to bad up front, just on the splash gards. But i still have the same crapy stang turning radius ;). The rears (cross's fingers) are doing just fine with the stock length axles :)

dude i love that brake/wheel combo. :drool:
I also have 275/40's in the rear (17x9 cobra r's), every corner i turned they used to rub (passenger or not). i just folded the fender lip up and now im 100% rub free. that lip was pretty sharp, so now i have a nice little groove on both my tires. it only took me about 20 min. to fold them. i used a pair of channel locks to get the fold started all the way around, then just finished it with a small hammer. i recommend doing this even if they dont rub, it makes the fenders look a bit cleaner.