Update on the Stable

mikestang63

SN Certified Technician
Aug 27, 2012
11,606
8,859
214
In the garage
Hey Everyone and Happy New Year. Hope all is well. What a crazy year...

Anyway thought I'd give a brief update.

Did a wire tuck on Cherry. Relocated the coil. Right now in the middle of installing a full set of Autometer Phantom Gauges using the Classic Dash pod and wiring set.
1611012988073.webp


1611013267037.webp



1611013069585.webp


1611013311955.webp


Also replaced the 20 year old master cylinder and 34 year old calipers, hoses, and new pads, bearings, seals, rotors on the 86 T Top
1611013171181.webp

1611013198561.webp


1611013220025.webp
 
so I came across this piece of bling bling on FB - it's a one off factory coil bracket that was chromed with a custom chrome cover.
1612130833372.webp



I scored the Unicorn of Halo Headrests on Flea Bay. Used some Kiwi Black shoe polish and they are good as new

1612130963446.webp


1612131025473.webp


1612131052775.webp



Trial fitted the autometer dash. all of the gauges work , the high beam indcator work, however two things I need to troubleshoot
1. the LED warning/MIL light remains on constant now
2. The alternator is not charging the battery. I tried it with and without a wire with the 510ohm resistor jumped between #2 and #14 wires on the passenger side plug.

1612131242380.webp
 
Finally got around to the gauges again. After reviewing the pin outs and taking a test light and jumpering #2 and #14 on the passenger plug- that fixed the non charging issue. Jumpered the two wires and solved that problem. Classic Dash sucks eggs. No mention of this in their instructions and their "tech guy" was worthless.

Did some major trimming on the Dash housing to make it fit and buttoned everything back up. Working with a bad back makes everything take twice as long, but got it done.

1613431887811.webp



1613431935868.webp


1613431964240.webp