Upgrading the horse power in my 08 stang

Baltimore Stang

Dec 11, 2008
I'm looking to upgrade my horse power in my 08 mustang, but can not purchase a supercharger at this time. I looking to gain more power from such items like muffler and throttle bodies. I'm looking for more sugguestion if any would like to take the time to send me ideas. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Forget mufflers and TB's. The former is for sound change only, and the latter is worth no extra hp.
Your best bang for the buck is a tune and CAI. That combo is good for approx. 25 rwhp, and also gets rid of the notorious "throttle nanny". Good deals and great tunes are available from numerous suppliers, such as BamaChips, Brenspeed, and others. Suggest going with a 93 octane tune to maximize hp.
Another good performance upgrade is gears, specifically 4.10's. There's no hp gain, but the additional mechanical advantage increases acceleration.
And if you want to invest in getting the last ounce of performance w/o installing F/I, then there are long tube headers, offroad X and H pipes, underdrive pullies, electric water pump, drag radials, suspension tweaks, etc.

+1 couldn't have said it better myself.. and please don't get a throttle body they throw all kinds of rediculous codes..

+2! TBs seem like a waste of $200 or so + possible codes/headaches for a couple of HP:( You'd get more gain from underdrive pullies, delete plates and O/R mid pipe for the same cost. Depending on application, those can net around 5-10 RWHP each. An aluminum driveshaft will reduce rotational mass which will give you back power that is lost trying to get the car moving. Various suspension upgrades will better plant the power such as aftermarket lower control arms with better bushings, lower control arm relocation brackets (more so for lowered cars to correct suspension geometry), upper control arm, etc. You will spend days and days reading great tech stuff here:nice:
Enjoy the Stang:D