Fox Upholstery Advice/recommendations

cdurbin

5 Year Member
Jul 27, 2012
North Charleston, SC
Well. I managed to save up a few bucks here and there this past year and I finally have enough to purchase new upholstery for my 91 vert. I can't decide whether to go with the TMI cloth or upgrade to the vinyl. I live in South Carolina and it can get pretty hot. Looking to get some advice from you guys to help me decide.

• Sponsors (?)

My vote? NEITHER - go with Suede!!

It's breathable, like cloth - but not itchy like the tweed/interlude woven material is - and it's a synthetic suede, so it's easy to clean!
Shoot me a PM with your address if you'd like to see any samples of the vinyl, cloth or suede.
The picture below is all of the colors we offer - CJPP's has these up on there site here:http://www.cjponyparts.com/tmi-upholstery-03-04-cobra-style-sport-high-back-seats-1990-1991/p/U82-V/

With this set up you'd get the upgraded side bolsters (more comfort and support) , a unisuede insert and the factory matching vinyl outer.

U82-V.jpg

Suede or neoprene gets my vote since to have a vert. Those micro fiber sn seats are good budget pieces too. I had those on a previous car.

Hmmm... I do really like those.
Question, is it cheaper to order directly from you guys or go through someone like CJP or Latemodelresto?
Just trying to stretch my hard earned dollars as far as they will go. :D

Hey there- it will always be cheaper to purchase through one of our Authorized Dealers Like CJPP or LMR as we do not compete with our dealers (if we did, it wouldn't be long before we didn't have any! )
And both of those dealers have great holiday sales going on, and free shipping on a lot of items - I'd shop around and see who's offering the best price.

I like the 03-04 cobra style but dang... I didn't want to spend that much. I have a certain amount to spend I planned to get more than just the seat upholstery. Decisions, decisions.....

LMR has the kits for $750 all day long with FREE SHIPPING - and that kit has all you'll need. Full Upholstery, front and back seats - as well as the two new molded front bucket seat foams.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/Product/Search?q=cobra upholstery&vehicle=1979-93-Mustang

Reactions: 1 user
LMR has the kits for $750 all day long with FREE SHIPPING - and that kit has all you'll need. Full Upholstery, front and back seats - as well as the two new molded front bucket seat foams.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/Product/Search?q=cobra upholstery&vehicle=1979-93-Mustang

I saw that. :)
I'll go with the guys over at LMR with what ever option I chose. I also need to order several other interior/exterior parts.
I've had excellent service from LMR and their prices are very competitive as well. I'm waiting a couple of weeks for my bonus check then it's on:D
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, after much thought and deliberation, I ended up going with the factory looking vinyl upholstery. Mainly due to budget and lead time. This was my first upholstery installation and it took me about a day and a half to complete. I did take my time, clean, sand, repair, and paint the stock frames while I had it all apart. I also shampooed the carpet while I had everything out of the interior. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I didn't realize how badly the drivers seat had deteriorated until I sat in it for the first time after replacing the foam and upholstery. Wow..It's like driving a different car. The seat feels amazing. Plus my interior smells new. :) Here are some before, during, and after photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    701 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    734.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    700.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG