UPR Ash Tray Panel

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
I have it in my car. The aluminum one that says Mustang on it. For those of you that have it, where did you find switches that fit it and do not interfere with the console ash tray cover?

I have searched many different places locally and cant find a switch that looks like it will work. And I need 3 matching one's. The switches in there right now (from parts store) will not allow me to close the cover completely.

• Sponsors (?)

Justin, I had a similar plate (though not the brand yours is) and the switches didnt work (the thing was such a POS that the top switch hit the console - the actual console. WTF).

I got fed up and made my own - I really like the switches themselves better anyhow. Just in case you decide to go a different route too:

92533.jpg

That looks really nice JT. I will consider doing that after a little more searching. But I'm sure I can't make it look that good, lol.

Will continue to check AZ & other parts stores a few more times. Radio Shack just popped in my head ..... I SEE THE LIGHT!!!

I assume you mean JT ...

He probably has a central tire inflation system rigged up .... the James Bond road slick mod ... and the 3rd is a passenger seat ejection switch.

I just have a the fan switch in mine along with an amp switch. The amp switch will leave ... and the remaining 2 have their plans. :D

Chris, Justin has it about right.
Actually, two are for the electric superchargers and one is for my electric blow-off valve. It's Mad-tight yo (I cannot believe I just said that. I hope to never do so again and if someone wants to ban me for it, I understand). :D

One switch is for the low speed fan, one for high and one for some lighting. I dont even use the fan switches anymore - I have a DcController. I left them there in case something ever happens and I need to hook the fan back up as it was stock (I wired the new fan controller with full reverse engineering capability in about 30 seconds).

If anyone wants to go one touch more kinda custom (I thought it was neat, others might think it gaudy), on my first switch plate (I made a couple), I had bought stencil letters at the office store. I applied the stencils (noting what each switch's function was) and painted the plate black. Afterwards I removed the stencils, revealing the clear words. When backlit at night, the words were visible. I thought it was kinda neat.

Justin, you're much more talented than I am. Making a plate like that would take you all of 10 minutes. Use your existing plate as a template and a unibit for the switch holes (if using round rockers. They fit under the ashtray lid).

I like the nice polished plate like you got, so that'll look real sharp anyhow. This was all just a fallback idea (or something for guys on the cheap, like me).

Good luck with the switch hunt Justin. :nice: