UPR EGR Delete Plate Clearance Issues

ReefBlueHatch

Jan 12, 2010
Central KY
Don't throw stones at me, I bought this thing before I knew how UPR operates, but anyway...

I tried to use this plate to mount my throttle cable bracket, but it hits the heater tube and the cable hits the valve cover. I flipped the bracket around and that's too high. Has anyone had success making this thing work?
6226019.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

how does upr operate? I was reccomended to them by a guy on here recently and just bought $600 worth of chassis parts from them.....
do a search for upr threads and you will see. Even google won't let you down.

Use key words that may hint at the copying of other companies designs to point you in the right direction.

Its not just UPR's delete plate that has clearance issues. If you run the heater tubes you will have problems. The last time I looked there was a company on Ebay who were selling different thicknesses of plates. I don't know how thick you have to go to clear it. You could probably double up plates and have enough clearance. I ended up just using my EGR spacer and using a blockoff plate over the EGR hole.

Joe

Don't throw stones at me, I bought this thing before I knew how UPR operates, but anyway...

I tried to use this plate to mount my throttle cable bracket, but it hits the heater tube and the cable hits the valve cover. I flipped the bracket around and that's too high. Has anyone had success making this thing work?
6226019.jpg

"how UPR operates" ...?

Okay.....

Can you post pictures of the parts that are hitting? It's very hard for me to make a suggestion without seeing what's going on. It's very common to cut the throttle cable bracket where it goes horizontal, just past where the cable goes through it. This gives you more clearance at the valve cover.

I've run that same spacer on my own cars, but I didn't have much luck finding a picture to show you. (the only Fox I currently own is 100 miles away in the fab shop) Here's a pic of that spacer on my old 306", but I wasn't running a heater tube, or even an IAC.

EngRF.jpg

Get back to me on here or call my boss Jeremy at 561.588.6630 and we'll get you taken care of.

^ I dont understand why anyone is bad mouthing upr with this kind of support. Also I think I speak for alot of guys, when I say this....I could give two :poo:s if they copy anyones designs its the fact that they make quality products with the same garuntee for less cost.

Reactions: 1 user
When you eliminate the EGR spacer you can have some small clearance issues depending on what intake and valve cover your running.

I've slotted the factory cable bracket to slightly move it up to gain clearance and trimmed them like Shared mentioned. I've also run phenolic spacers to gain clearance....your moving everything 1.5" closer to the intake.

Any spacer of that design can have that problem Steeda, UPR, etc....

Why are you deleting the spacer?

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't done anything for the computer yet, I can't find what the best route is. In a year or so I'll need a tune when I get a Vortech, but I need something to hold me over. I've read the plug fools the CEL, but let's the ECU thing the EGR is still working. Then I've read leaving it as-is will throw on the CEL, but disables the EGR function for the computer. I don't know if any of this is true, out of my relm.

The plug will fool the computer and cancel the CEL but then it will allow the car to behave as if the Egr was still there and in some situations allow the computer to add timing and pull fuel. Not a scenario I care to have happen. With the code 33 in place the ecu will not allow this to happen but then you are facing tuning and drive ability issues. I am still trying to figure this out as well since my intake doesn't have the Egr port either.

Well, here are some bad pics:
DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

The space is over an inch away from the bracket (yeah, it's on upside down)
DSC_0396.jpg

Yeah, it's kinda hard to see from these photos, but I think if you flip the spacer right side up and slot the bracket like Rick mentioned, it should clear. Did your user info say you're in central Kentucky? I think I have a dealer in London that could take a look at it if you need help? Or are you closer to Lexington?