UPR Quadrant install?

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
Montgomery, NY
I have a UPR billet quadrant to put in, and started it tonight. I got the old main part of the quadrant out. I took the clip off that holds the little spring loaded thing at the firewal side, but don't see how that comes off, or if it even needs to come off. I hurt my shoulder/neck and decided to call it quits for tonight, and if I try and tackle it tomorrow Id love to know exactly what to do. Anyone who has done it let me know how to go about it!

• Sponsors (?)

Jeremy's article will definitely help. If you didnt, remove that seat. I was under there for quite a bit (I had to machine my quadrant) and wished I had not been lazy about the seat removal.

Good luck.

:) thanks guys

def read my article. the big quadrant is the easy part, pop off the clip, badabing.

the difficult part is the smaller piece, and the reason is because it's hooked on, and looped with a spring..see the pics in my article.

I've used my tire iron many times to help pry it off, i've heard of some using a hacksaw through the firewall adjuster hole, but look at the pics and see what you're dealing with, and that will help you understand how to pull it off..Jeremy

Great article, Jeremy!
We fought the install on a friend's UPR setup and finally decided that he must have the wrong clutch-fork!
Did you ever find the best combination for aftermarket quandrants/firewall adjusters?
The UPR cable and adjuster are top notch in quality, just wish the quad had the correct radius. :(

I've never had a problem with upr firewall adjusters, but their triple hook quadrants are complete trash.

quadrants are kinda generic in a sense, as long as it's built right, that's that. the best combo i've found is with single hook quadrant such as the fiore or mm piece with the fiore firewall adjuster.....that adjuster is miles and miles beyond anything else on the market.

I don't support UPR products because the company rips off other designs, as for a cable, I just run an oem stocker from buyfordracing.com, and my pedal is actually lighter than stock with the current clutch I'm running.

Awesome article and thanks for the advice guys. I was going to break the small one off but did not know if I needed it. My neck is hurt but as soon as I can Ill get it back in there, and hook it up!

Thanks again!

Oh btw hissin, there is no seat, or even dash in the car!! :D

the triple hook is garbage. Not only does it grab the cable at a bad angle, but the hooks are so positioned (because there are three of them) that no matter how you adjust the damn clutch, it either grabs WAY too high, or on the other side way too low with a butt load of slack at the top, and we could never dial in the clutch to feel just right until we swapped it for a good single hook....it'll work, that's about it though.