UPR reverse glow guages

Hey everyone, i'm thinking about getting the reverse glow guage set from UPRproducts.com. First of all, does anyone have these? Any opinions good or bad? Secondly, it says on their site on the install directions that one wire has to be connected to ground (self explanitory) and the other has to be hooked up to a switched 12v source, or the headlight switch, for those that have them, anyone wanna clue me into which wire i'm tapping into in the headlight switch? Third and final, is there any way to wire up their dimmer switch to the factor dimmer on the headlight knob? Thanks for your help!

• Sponsors (?)

Mstg05 said:
Hey everyone, i'm thinking about getting the reverse glow guage set from UPRproducts.com. First of all, does anyone have these? Any opinions good or bad? Secondly, it says on their site on the install directions that one wire has to be connected to ground (self explanitory) and the other has to be hooked up to a switched 12v source, or the headlight switch, for those that have them, anyone wanna clue me into which wire i'm tapping into in the headlight switch? Third and final, is there any way to wire up their dimmer switch to the factor dimmer on the headlight knob? Thanks for your help!

I had some, Like I said, HAD! I even got rid of them before I got my Mach1 gauges

I'm guessing they're in a land fill somewhere orthey were incinersted If that tells you anything! :notnice:

I just instaled the the eglow gauges from them last weekend, it was a gift for someone on a 2001 gt, but i also have them. The el glows look good, not sure about the reverse. When you wire it just grab the volt meter and turn the switch on and off till you find a wire thats hot with the switch. If i remember right there was an 18ga blue with yellow strip and a 14ga brown one, i used that one. The hardest part is getting the POS headlight switch off.

i like mine from mustang tuning... i'm not a big fan of the bright lights. only thing is the redline is off. :shrug: guess it's an excuse to get a raptor shift light though haha. I do have the option with these to have blue or green with a switch under the steering wheel...blue looks the best to me.
photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

stangsglr those look real good. I just wanna get the blue lights on the interior without looking cheap or cheesy since my exterior paint is sonic blue, so i figure the blue guages would be real clean lookin'. I just can't put that stupid ass dimmer switch on my dash. I'll figure it out thanks guys for your input!

Mstg05 said:
stangsglr those look real good. I just wanna get the blue lights on the interior without looking cheap or cheesy since my exterior paint is sonic blue, so i figure the blue guages would be real clean lookin'. I just can't put that stupid ass dimmer switch on my dash. I'll figure it out thanks guys for your input!

on the dash?? mine is under the steering wheel, along with the blue/green light switch ...can't see it at all but i can still get to it when i'm driving if i want. When they put mine in though, the stock dimmer switch still works.