Urgent help please

Gilroy gonzales

Mar 4, 2023
So my beautiful 2000 stang gt had a piston thats half broken and another as well keep in mind it’s a Windsor 4.6 I go get get another block I figured were the same turns out it was a Romeo I heard they are better yet when I opened it up and took out the pistons some of the rings were stuck to it. So my questions Is it possible the crankshaft from the Romeo can fit in the Windsor with all also the pistons from the Romeo block or would I just be better off replacing the piston rings for the Romeo and leaving the Windsor behind to rot I have attached a picture of my baby so y’all can see she’s worth saving also the piston that is fine there is the Romeo one please help.
AB5E0589-A1CC-4B88-9DE8-F781BFA8305F.png
0788A3AC-0AA4-4728-AD88-A5900BEB74D1.jpeg
55B6EF32-A273-400F-ADFF-7FAE6FFE8D3F.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm no expert on either of those blocks but even if they were exactly the same you still couldn't just swap the parts over.

If the pistons are that screwed then the cylinder walls are that screwed. That means overbore and that means new pistons. There's a pretty good chance that a good portion of the [rest] of the rotating assembly is junk too.

What I would do:

Strip down both blocks (inside and out) and drop them off at a machine shop. Let them clean and inspect them both. If they're both good then sweet, pick one for your build and sell the other. Use this to help offset the cost of the rotating assembly.

The machine shop will also be able to tell you whether the cranks are good so, drop those off too. You can have them inspect the cams if you want to reuse any of those.

That engine you showed the images of, looks like it ran lean for a looooooooooong time. If I had to guess, it had help from a supercharger and a really poor (perhaps non-existent) tune.

@LILCBRA What do you know about these? I know you been studying up the last week or so :D

I'm no expert on either of those blocks but even if they were exactly the same you still couldn't just swap the parts over.

If the pistons are that screwed then the cylinder walls are that screwed. That means overbore and that means new pistons. There's a pretty good chance that a good portion of the [rest] of the rotating assembly is junk too.

What I would do:

Strip down both blocks (inside and out) and drop them off at a machine shop. Let them clean and inspect them both. If they're both good then sweet, pick one for your build and sell the other. Use this to help offset the cost of the rotating assembly.

The machine shop will also be able to tell you whether the cranks are good so, drop those off too. You can have them inspect the cams if you want to reuse any of those.

That engine you showed the images of, looks like it ran lean for a looooooooooong time. If I had to guess, it had help from a supercharger and a really poor (perhaps non-existent) tune.

@LILCBRA What do you know about these? I know you been studying up the last week or so :D
So when I bought it I was told it had 93 gas tune but it had a whole bunch of oil problems of it leaking sometimes nun things like that overtime I was fixing it then one day lots of white smoke thought it was a head gasket so I changed it and rebuilt the heads new plugs new coils new everything then we put it together then it was still the same turns out 2 cylinders were broken so I bought the Romeo block for it to have that problem right now we are checking the crankshaft to see if it’s good but the block was surprisingly fine I don’t know how the car turned on with a piston half gone and another broken it misfired a little but not to bad I’m thinking of buying the pistons for the Windsor and put it together again if the crankshaft is fine But that is to be checked tomorrow.

Sorry, I don't really know much about the mod motors other than there were 2 separate factories producing them and there are certain parts that aren't interchangeable. But I agree with @Noobz347 - you'd have to have the block(s) inspected if there was something suspicious about it. I don't believe it to be a wise decision to mix and match internals from 2 running engines, much less from 2 that are a little different. It may work for a short time, but I wouldn't expect any kind of longevity out of it.

But it also sounds like you're heading down the right path. Once it's rebuilt, I'd definitely seek out a reputable tuner to see if it's tuned correctly and to correct it if it's not. And, while you're at it, make sure that all of your supporting parts are what they need to be and in good working order (i.e. fuel pump, regulator, injectors, etc). Good luck and I hope you get it running better than it was previously!