Used A9l Computer - What To Do With

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
What do I do with the A9L that supposedly was not sending heated power to one O2 sensor? Is there a place that repairs them? Is there a place that wants cores? Do I get it fixed so I have a computer to tune for my eventual 347? Do I toss it? Thanks for the info.

• Sponsors (?)

There is a guy on the corral that buys them for $50, working or not. I'm sure he repairs them and then probably e-bays them but $50 is $50. He paypal'ed me my $50 before I even sent him my broken one. He goes by mustangssp

Chris

Whatever you do, hold on to it. When I locate these for customers, Mustang Specialties has them on lock down!! They want $250+ shipping for them.

I can't believe how much A9Ls go for these days! There was a time not too long ago when they fell out of the sky for $100 a pop, and I thought that was expensive. They've doubled since then.

I wonder how hard it would be to replicate the circuit board, burn a factory tune to it, and sell a "reproduction" A9L...

I can't believe how much A9Ls go for these days! There was a time not too long ago when they fell out of the sky for $100 a pop, and I thought that was expensive. They've doubled since then.

I wonder how hard it would be to replicate the circuit board, burn a factory tune to it, and sell a "reproduction" A9L...

Why even bother when there's so many stand-alone systems out?

I just saw (through Jegs?) Granatelli has a $90 core program and a SRP of $404.38. $224 repaired by AES with overnight shipping, $174 with regular shipping, sounds like a steal.

I just saw (through Jegs?) Granatelli has a $90 core program and a SRP of $404.38. $224 repaired by AES with overnight shipping, $174 with regular shipping, sounds like a steal.

Troofs! It wasn't that long ago that you pick them up for $50 a pieces. I think those days are gone. I hold on to them now.. working or not.

Think how many cars were scrapped with those still in them!!! And how many other parts went out with em! In Michigan, rust free parts are like GOLD. All these cars here are nasty.

It made me sick when I saw fox bodies turned in for CASH FOR CLUNKERS too. :pike:

I can't watch. :(

I know man. I see where they're coming from...to them...it's just an old car that they got a few grand for so whatever. I look at it from being a hobbiest and from a business perspective. There is A LOT of money to be made parting those out, or simply doing some restoration work and flipping them.