v6 mods..

TheStang

Jan 29, 2004
So I have a 2000 mustang v6
So here we go, The first thing im planning on doing is goin wit the catbak dual exhaust with flowmasters...

Then im still trying to figure out whats next..
Should I go with The intake of some sort, k&n filters, header, pulleys..
Or would it be good to go the route with my gears..
Ive been hearing from people to get 4.10s... If youve done it, can you tell me pros and cons.. Im not sure.. And If I get 4.10s should I get a short shifter tri-ax?

Thank you everyone who responds..Im looking to spend around $1000 or maybe $1500...And eventually Id like to get super charcge.. So what should I go for after dual?

• Sponsors (?)

You'd be pleased with a 3.73 posi trac if you got those. 4.10's are little high for my preference only because I drive a 5-spd. If you have an automatic 4.10's would probably be alright.

If you don't have an intake though, after you put the flows on there you can deepen your exhaust some with an intake. I just upgraded my intake to the K&N FIPK kit. Its friggin great, I really think you'd be impressed with it.

With $1000-1500 you'd be able to get both these mods and have some money left over. After that its up to you, you could get a chip to calibrate your speedometer but then again i would wait until you have a more extensive mod setup before i would go the route of chipping your car. Pulleys are fun, x or h pipes are cool, headers; DON'T waste your money, better tires help, or do some suspension work on your car. Its really all up to you, have fun with it.

What do the pulleys do? Im not to sure on those..

Ok so you have a 3.73s, How fast can your car go on the freeway? Does it affect it alot? Im just curious to see. And also why does it make the accel. so much quicker? Does the 3.73s got good acel.? How much less Acceleration do I get if I go with 3.73s? vs the 4.10s..
And oh yea, I have a mustang 2000v6 5speed..

So what would be more suitable?