V6 to V8 People who have done it:

Lockdown

Founding Member
May 6, 2001
Yes I searched, trust me a lot. So my question is what is all needed to do the swap? I have the basics:

- Wiring Harness (GT)
- SOCH/DOHC Engine 4.6
- Hydrobooster Brake booster
- GT/Cobra Gauge Cluster
- T45/T56 Tranny (whichever one)
- 8.8 Rear End

What are all the smaller parts needed, I'm talking fuses, springs, shocks, etc. If you could please put them in a order similar to what I did with the dash's or 1) 2) etc. That makes it easier for me to see whats needs to be purchased on my part. Thanks all.

• Sponsors (?)

i used stock gauges, if you call the auto parts store they can cross the part numbers on the sensors(temp,oil,) amp gauge is not going to change unles you put a higher amp alt. i used new mounts even though the v6 will work,headers,radiator,exhaust,c6( had to shorten the driveshaft) definitely front springs and struts(felt like i was riding in a tank til i changed them,but did not scrub) im puttin out around 320 horse and the factory 7.5 rear has held up good,left the 6 rear shocks also, seems to squat good in the back on acceleration. the only difference in the 7.5 and the 8.8 is the ring and pinion,axles are identical,if your not gonna be running slicks the 7.5 will probably be sufficient for a mild v8.i converted to a carb setup, so i cant help you on the wiring and sensors, mine currently occupy 4 five gallon buckets in my shop. hope this has helped, if you got any questions email [email protected]

6-2-8 sn95 said:
i used stock gauges, if you call the auto parts store they can cross the part numbers on the sensors(temp,oil,) amp gauge is not going to change unles you put a higher amp alt. i used new mounts even though the v6 will work,headers,radiator,exhaust,c6( had to shorten the driveshaft) definitely front springs and struts(felt like i was riding in a tank til i changed them,but did not scrub) im puttin out around 320 horse and the factory 7.5 rear has held up good,left the 6 rear shocks also, seems to squat good in the back on acceleration. the only difference in the 7.5 and the 8.8 is the ring and pinion,axles are identical,if your not gonna be running slicks the 7.5 will probably be sufficient for a mild v8.i converted to a carb setup, so i cant help you on the wiring and sensors, mine currently occupy 4 five gallon buckets in my shop. hope this has helped, if you got any questions email [email protected]

You have mail... :)