Vacuum Reservoir missing? anyone have pictures?

SoCal89GT

Apr 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Does anyone have a picture of the vacuum reservoir??? I think that my car is missing it bc I have nothing in the passengers side fender that is hooked up to vacuum lines at all and I have vacuum controlled components that don’t work correctly or just don’t work at all such as… HVAC only blows when I am at idle. Cruise doesn’t work. And I have a big hesitation when I get heavy on the throttle so I don’t think that Fuel Pressure regulator is getting vacuum. Any pictures or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try and take some pictures today and post what I have. Thanks in advance for any help. Oh, I have already seen the HVAC diagram from Jrichker FYI, thanks for that too by the way.

• Sponsors (?)

it is probably IN the fender, pull out the pass. side inner fender well to find it most likely..as far as i know it stores vacuum for later use, probably not THAT important, try stomping the brake while on the throttle, if it's harder than usual a canister might help, if it's normal then it's probably OK. I believe summit or jegs(one of those company's) sells an aftermarket vacuum reservoir, kinda like "storage" for vacuum..good luck

~Mark~

42924.jpg

it's the one to the left of the circled one. the sphere looking one

Unless I'm wrong the part that is circled is a reserve for the HVAC @ WOT and used for the TAB TAB AND EVR. The round black ball canister more toward the cowl area in that picture is the actual HVAC vacuum canister.

I know this is an old thread, but I actually use the search function :)... Can anyone tell me if you can replace those parts by just pulling out the inner fender well panel? Or, does the 1/4 panel have to come off completely?

I may have found my vacuum leak then.....but I also have a vacuum line going from the manifold towards the passengers side that is capped off with a screw. I don't know where this line goes or what it was for. I'll take and post pics of the lines I'm talking about.

I may have found my vacuum leak then.....but I also have a vacuum line going from the manifold towards the passengers side that is capped off with a screw. I don't know where this line goes or what it was for. I'll take and post pics of the lines I'm talking about.

A picture will definitely help.

But if it's a black vacuum line it went to rubber block where other emission vacuum lines ( air diverter valve, air bypass valve and EGR) were also attached.

That is the vacuum line I was talking about.
The end your showing with the screw in it goes here.
View attachment 226293

I'll assume that you all your emission related equipment is either removed or capped off, and what someone did to that line was to stick a screw in the end to act as a plug to stop any vacuum leak?