Valve Cover Breather, And Egr Spacer Questions

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
have two questions.

i had to cut the baffle out of the bottom of my stock valve covers, where the oil fill is, so it would clear my roller rockers, so im thinking oil will be shot up to the breather fitting. can i cap that off and not worry about it or should i do something like this

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/SB-261522/Mustang-Screw-In-Valve-Cover-Breather-86-00

to keep oil from going in the tube to the throttle body? i dont want the filter saturated in oil too. anyone run stock valve covers with no baffle and had to do something to keep oil from getting out of the valve cover?

second question is im looking for an egr delete plate to replace the factory one with the coolant barbs, im running factory valve covers, and factory gt40 intake manifolds with no spacers. the factory spacer is a little bigger than 2 inches, and my c&l inlet tube is close to my strut tower, but i think the 3/8ths thick plate will cause clearance issues with the throttle cable bracket. do you think a 1 inch thick spacer will clear?

anyone run a delete spacer on stock valve covers and manifolds ?

• Sponsors (?)

1. why did you need to clearance the valve cover baffle.
2. do not run a breather on the valve cover, unless you have a blower. You will suck in unmetered air
3. Why are you deleting the EGR? Do you have a tune on the car, as deleting the EGR will cause a CEL and driveability issues.
4. You can install a catch can in between the VC and TB if you are concerned about oil.

running a crane cams pedestal to stud conversion and crane roller rockers, the valve cover hit, i cut the baffle out with a dremel.

so a small catch can between the vc and tb should be all i need? ive heard of people running a small fuel filter between there, so im guessing thats the same concept.