Fox Valve Cover Issues.

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
In the process of installing my 2.0 Kenne Bell supercharger. The oil filler tube from the stock valve covers is getting in my way just a bit so I was thinking of buying new valve covers. The only problem is most of them I see say they arent for EFI equipped cars. Why is that the case? also i was thinking of instead of the big filler tube, i was going to just install the push in valve breathers. Does anyone have any advice about using those, is it a good idea? Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

The efi valve covers usually have a cast in fill neck with the little nipple to attach a hose to the throttle body or intake. Carb style vcs usually have 2 holes for breathers/fill cap/pcv.

Either can be made work with carb or efi, just may take a little more effort than just slapping them on.

Reactions: 1 user
The efi valve covers usually have a cast in fill neck with the little nipple to attach a hose to the throttle body or intake. Carb style vcs usually have 2 holes for breathers/fill cap/pcv.

Either can be made work with carb or efi, just may take a little more effort than just slapping them on.

Ok that makes sense now. Will it work if I ditch the fill neck and just do 1 breather and plug the other hole?

Get the valve covers with pre made and baffled oil holes...like trickflow. Use a mid 90s dodge truck breather. Run 5/8 hose from the valve cover to a cheap catch can mounted behind right front fender. Trickflow no longer has the ones I have in my car. Only the passenger side has a baffled hole.

This is the breather

Screenshot_20191126-233517_Chrome.jpg

Here's the breather tank

Screenshot_20191126-234628_Amazon Shopping.jpg

My systemax intake covers the drivers side valve cover. It's best to run two truck breathers ( one from each cover ) to the breather can. One breather and functioning pcv, through an oil catch can, works on my turbo car.

Get the valve covers with pre made and baffled oil holes...like trickflow. Use a mid 90s dodge truck breather. Run 5/8 hose from the valve cover to a cheap catch can mounted behind right front fender. Trickflow no longer has the ones I have in my car. Only the passenger side has a baffled hole.

This is the breather

Screenshot_20191126-233517_Chrome.jpg

Here's the breather tank

Screenshot_20191126-234628_Amazon Shopping.jpg

My systemax intake covers the drivers side valve cover. It's best to run two truck breathers ( one from each cover ) to the breather can. One breather and functioning pcv, through an oil catch can, works on my turbo car.

Thanks for the info. I'll be going this route, seems easy enough!

I like the Trick Flows with the Trick Flow filler neck. You drill a hole anywhere in the valve cover for it, and it comes with a cap and a hole run a breather line.

Kurt