Variant of the 2005 Mustang to be unveiled?

• Sponsors (?)

So what's the deal, I read on BamaGT (brad's site) that there was an unanounced Carroll Shelby siting...could this mean there'll be a prototype Shelby Mustang there?

Str0ngArm said:
Any idea when they are going to unveil it? Its 9 am here on the west coast, meaning its close to noon in Chicago and still no info. The suspense is killing me!

I read that Ford is having their press conference around 1:30, I'm guessing central time since it's in Chicaca.

Who hopes it is something completely original? I mean the SVT Cobra has always rocked and i love the new MACh1's but it was sweet when Ford made the Bullitt. I was sweet, not because it was a better performing car (cause we all know that it lacked a decent power plant) but because it was new and original. It wasn't a rehash of an existing legend.

I've always thought that something like "SVT Thoroughbred" would be a cool name, especially if it was a racing/performance oriented mustang.

here is the first stang I can find at the ford spot in the show. sorry is so blurry, I am using their web cams...
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1075790656372359.jpg
    1075790656372359.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 439
torqueIT said:
----------------------------------

Hey Vlad,

Which live camera is that? 1, 2, 3, or 4? :shrug:

best views of ford arer cameras 3 and 4. its been half an hour since the ford media event was supposed to start. I still cant find the car.

Damn clam shell displays at ford's booths blocking most of the views inside their display. :( Been scanning them since sunday. The shelby roadster showed up, the ford gt is there, haven't spotted one 05 stang yet. Bro tells me the silver and white stripe 05 is cruising to various media places getting pics shot, etc. Look for it to show up tomorrow at show. Still waiting to see what the mystery stang is gonna be.