Vert top tension cable snapped

Virtual

15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2013
Northern Virginia
As described in the topic title, while putting up the top the other day I heard something snap. On inspection it looks like the tension cable on the driver's side is broken is no longer connected to whatever it was connected too.

I can't seem to find much information on these tension cables, what they do, and whether or not I can still use the top without one? I did look online for replacements, but there is some ambiguity about which cable length is right for my '90, and or even whether or not they're replacable without doing the whole top? So if anyone can provide some information, or point me to the right place to understand this better 'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

You can replace them without doing the whole top. They hold the side of the top down above the door windows. The back end should be connected to a spring that gets screwed to the back of the top frame ( behind quarter glass area ). The front of it goes into a notch in the header of the too frame. Its buried under foam and tape on both front corners. You can reinstall using a straightened metal hanger to push it through.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users