Very bad vibration in shifter at higher RPMs in any gear

• Sponsors (?)

Can you confirm that the clutch disk is oriented correctly --and-- was a clutch alignment tool used during installation?

Last thing: Can you confirm that there are no gaps in the mating of the engine and bell housing and also the bell housing and trans (whichever was disassembled).
A alignment tool was used and clutch is facing the right way thanks

The flywheel can go on one way, figured I'd throw it out there. I've seen people spend a lot of time making things fit incorrectly with odd results.
BAck in the day, I helped a friend install a new clutch in his 57.. Nothing was fitting right or working... Turned out the machine shop machined the WRONG side of the flywheel.. Of course we put it on with the machined surface facing the wrong way.... I don't remember how we finally figured it out, we were young and dumb at 17, but I do remember the jokes when the correct side was surfaced as we now had a Lightened flywheel for fast revs.....

I have a 1987 Ford mustang GT Foxbody 302 block made into a 347 stroker and a T5 transmission. I hade to change the rear main seal due to a leak and ever sense I replaced the rear main I have had a very violent shake in my shifter handle at higher RPMs I have had tires balanced drive shaft balanced new crossmember mounts new tranny Mount new motor mounts new throw out bearing but still it vibrates at high RPMs anybody know why thank you for your time and help
My friend had the same problem in his 1989 5.0 coupe turned out to be his harmonic balancer. Replaced it problem was fixed.

Balancer is in great shape it's not it but thanks for trying to help me out
Most 347's were 28oz. external balance or internal balance so obviously you got to have the correct balancer/flywheel combo and not the original 50oz. external items...and I'll assume you do...

I also have been chasing an off idle vibration. And after performing an EEC-IV KOER cylinder drop test with my code reader which showed code "90" no problem...I checked timing and found it set to 28deg. advance...huh???...it's always been set to 10deg. factory setting. Thinking the distributor had turned I set it back to 10deg. and it ran like crap. Using a piston stop I determined that the PowerBond SFI Race Balancer, which appears to be "in great shape" has spun 17degrees !!! Maybe it didn't care for my Vortech 8" supercharger pulley. It is the undercut outer ring which provides the 50oz. unbalance as opposed to a weight attached to the mounting hub. You may want to keep all of this in mind. Good Luck !

Reactions: 1 user