VERY disappointed in my Sequential Taillights

turbogt

May 1, 2003
Montana
My 98 taillight harnesses just arrived today so I FINALLY got to install my sequential modules from Webelectric.. I got them in and they go so fast that you can't even tell a difference.. Plus, the inside one and the outside flash at the exact same time.. $130 invested in this one so far and I'm kinda mad... I don't mind paying for stuff>>> WHEN IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

What other brand's/companies sell them? Does anyone else have a set?:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

My 98 taillight harnesses just arrived today so I FINALLY got to install my sequential modules from Webelectric.. I got them in and they go so fast that you can't even tell a difference.. Plus, the inside one and the outside flash at the exact same time.. $130 invested in this one so far and I'm kinda mad... I don't mind paying for stuff>>> WHEN IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

Check this site http://www.ponyperformance.com/ :D

Tim is one of the good guys :nice:

Does this thing come with a circuit diagram? There are a couple different ways you could wire this up. If you have the info for this I can take a look and suggest modifications if you're handy with a soldering iron.

- friendly forum electrical engineer

I've used two different sets. One was on my 2000 and they worked fine (can't remember who made them), but the one's I have on my 95 now are the best. They have an adjustment on them to slow down or speed up the sequence. Here's a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sequ...016QQitemZ260252922961QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I'm not sure if they'll take down the link but if they do just PM me and I'll send it to you.

I've used two different sets. One was on my 2000 and they worked fine (can't remember who made them), but the one's I have on my 95 now are the best. They have an adjustment on them to slow down or speed up the sequence. Here's a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sequ...016QQitemZ260252922961QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I'm not sure if they'll take down the link but if they do just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Nice... that's the set my buddy ordered and his are great.. I just didn't consult with him where be bought them because I was two states away.. The ebay link has instructions for slowing down the flasher, which I will do, BUT, the inside and outside light still blink at the same time...

headed to radioshack..:D

I will trade you mine, they are the CDC ones and flash slower than those, but the ones you have are the ones I want, are you willing to trade??

Well yeah, but the whole point is that they aren't working properly.. I will post a vid tonight.. they look sort of sequential but the inside and outside basically flash at the same time.. they are installed 100% correctly..

sts-1m splice in kit..

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

Well yeah, but the whole point is that they aren't working properly.. I will post a vid tonight.. they look sort of sequential but the inside and outside basically flash at the same time.. they are installed 100% correctly..

sts-1m splice in kit..

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

Sorry you are having problems. Did you try to contact us for technical support? If so, I didn't see it.

There could be several things wrong. First, even though you say the kit is connected correctly, if you accidentally pinched one or more of the wires when you reinstalled the fixtures, that could cause a problem.

As far as the speed, the modules will adjust to the speed of the turn signal flasher. That is, they will get the maximum sequence separation for the amount of time the flasher is "on". You are lucky -- your car has a separate flasher that can be changed for a slower one. If you do that, the seqnence will slow down to match the new speed.

Check your wiring again. If you think that the module is bad, simply send it back for repair/replacement. Our products have a lifetime warranty.

-Lawrence
http://www.webelectricproducts.com

Sorry you are having problems. Did you try to contact us for technical support? If so, I didn't see it.

There could be several things wrong. First, even though you say the kit is connected correctly, if you accidentally pinched one or more of the wires when you reinstalled the fixtures, that could cause a problem.

As far as the speed, the modules will adjust to the speed of the turn signal flasher. That is, they will get the maximum sequence separation for the amount of time the flasher is "on". You are lucky -- your car has a separate flasher that can be changed for a slower one. If you do that, the seqnence will slow down to match the new speed.

Check your wiring again. If you think that the module is bad, simply send it back for repair/replacement. Our products have a lifetime warranty.

-Lawrence
http://www.webelectricproducts.com

Why thank you sir.. I hadn't heard back but I had no reason to start bashing you guys.. Perhaps the email did not come thru or just got overlooked.. I did indeed pull the flasher out and put in a larger capacitor to slow things down.. I did indeed check to make sure nothing was pinched. The reason I firmly believe that there was a problem with the units was the fact that both sides workin incorrectly in the same manner..

... was the fact that both sides workin incorrectly in the same manner..

It's not likely that both modules would have failed, and very unlikely they would both in the same manner.

I see in your sig that you have a '95 car, but with '98 taillights. Can I assume that you have the '98 harnesses installed, as well? Did you separate the middle and outer lamp sockets? Is the conversion pigtail fully seated in the gray socket?

If you like, you can send the harnesses to us and we would be happy to look at them. Or, if you are sure it's the modules, send them back for repair/replacement.

-Lawrence

It's not likely that both modules would have failed, and very unlikely they would both in the same manner.

I see in your sig that you have a '95 car, but with '98 taillights. Can I assume that you have the '98 harnesses installed, as well? Did you separate the middle and outer lamp sockets? Is the conversion pigtail fully seated in the gray socket?

If you like, you can send the harnesses to us and we would be happy to look at them. Or, if you are sure it's the modules, send them back for repair/replacement.

-Lawrence

I had the same thoughts exactly.. I didn't really believe that BOTH modules had failed.. I tested each side before reinstalling the taillights so nothing is pinched.. guaranteed.. Yes, I indeed bought 98 taillight harnesses.. I am positive both pigtails are seated fully into the sockets as I used needle noses to push them in and saw/felt them bottom out. I will go over your online directions and pull the drivers taillight again just to be absolutely sure I have done everything as I am supposed to.. Wiring is my specialty so I don't believe I'm suffering from imcompetence BUT everbody has their days.. :D I appreciate your support on here.. My email to tech just must have never gone thru...