Very odd electrical problem. Help if you can.

BackDraft 5.0

Nov 6, 2004
When I turn on my foglights and headlights, my left turn blinker no longer works. My right one does though. The left blinker light will be on, but it does not blink. When the headlights and foglights are on, the left foglight dims, and if I turn the left blinker on, the right fog light blinks. This happens very sporadically as well -- it seems to happen only on cold days, but I am not too sure. If I turn my foglights off with just my headlights on, everything works fine.

And, for what this is worth, I have luminics ultra white headlight and foglight bulbs.

Any thoughts on the subject?

My theory is that some wires are touching somewhere, but where? I think this because, obviously, there is not a short in the wireing because ALL of the lights are on. I think that a current is being transfered somewhere along the wireing because of the dimming of the left foglight. I am just not sure where to start. I would like to try and avoid getting all new wireing harnesses because that will not be economical.

• Sponsors (?)

What happens with the turn signal lights when you turn the hazards on? Did you do any sort of fog light rewire?

If you have a blinker causing a fog light to flash, there's a horrible crosswire in the system. I would also go over all grounds for the lighting circuit.

Good luck.

What happens with the turn signal lights when you turn the hazards on? Did you do any sort of fog light rewire?

If you have a blinker causing a fog light to flash, there's a horrible crosswire in the system. I would also go over all grounds for the lighting circuit.

Good luck.

I have never done any kind of rewire. It just all of the sudden happened one day. When the hazzards are on, both blinkers come on.

I had exactly the same problem on the driver side about 3 weeks ago, i was really pissed since most times electrical problems are dificult to locate, u know what fixed it , i just disconnected the driver side and reconected them and the problem went away in that moment, call it good luck or just a bad contact from the harness but u could give a try :shrug:

I had exactly the same problem on the driver side about 3 weeks ago, i was really pissed since most times electrical problems are dificult to locate, u know what fixed it , i just disconnected the driver side and reconected them and the problem went away in that moment, call it good luck or just a bad contact from the harness but u could give a try :shrug:

You just disconnected the bulbs from the harness or the fog lights and headlight harnesses from the main harness?