vibration woes/shifter ?

chaos254

Founding Member
Jul 27, 2002
NJ
My car has had a vibration for quite some time now and I figured I'd atleast take the shifter off to see if the bolts were loose. Well I checked the closest 2(they were tight) because as you can see in the picture I couldn't reach the furthest ones???? I'm confused...i thought I should be able to reach all 4 bolts from inside the car. Also in the 2 pictures with the boot on you can see where the tranny shop who did the install(t5z) bent the metal that holds down the boot. I don't see why the tranny would have moved that much forward from stock??

Also when I reved my engine while the boot was off I noticed the tranny moved to the side about .5 inches. Is this normal and could a tranny or engine mount cause a bad vibration? The vibration is always there(not bad at idle, just a mild shaking) but is extremely bad over ~4200 rpms. thanks for any help. I really don't want to have to drop the tranny if I don't have to! :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

yeh im definitely going to check the engine/tranny mounts.... there was no vibration and then out of nowhere it started up. I replaced the balancer and driveshaft trying to get rid of the vibration but I didn't have any luck.