video of my engine ticking..need help

I jumped to conclusion when I said I thought it was a rod knock. The tick goes along with the RPM. Rev it up and it ticks more. The engine is running a little rough also.

The engine has been ticking for a few weeks now and I just assumed it was a lifter (lash adjuster) so I didnt think too much of it.

Im going to buy an stethoscope so I can try and find where its coming from before I do anything else.

YouTube - lifters

• Sponsors (?)

+1 on above. It has an exhaust "huff" sound to it. Loose plugs or exhaust leak.

Suggest that you get an oil filter cutter. Cut the oil filter open and look for metal debris. If clean, this will give you piece of mind. If metal present, this says the motor is tearing itself up inside.

However, will send to my son. He had an F150 that dropped a lifter and made a lot of noise just before it gave way. Will see what he thinks.

Man, that sounds bad in the video. :( Was the engine low on oil when that sound first started to become audible? You weren't using a "thick" 40 or 50 weight engine oil, were you? :shrug:

It has been downright FRIGID here the last few days with temps in the twenties and teens with windchills near zero or below - brrrrr !!

Alright..I blew a plug. The threads on the plug seem to be okay still so hopefully the head is good. It was only a little loose in the head.

ankf8n.jpg

wv63w9.jpg

245d5pc.jpg