Vin number assignment from order date

05GT Zman said:
My priority code is 46 I ordered on 10/8 still no info. I made a change to delete the spoiler yesterday,and I called the dealer today and he said the change has been accpeted. But he doent think I will get it until the beggining of the year,because of the hoildays.

Did you ask the dealer (nicely) to bump the Priority Code up, say to a 10?

Supposed Fords holidays:
Nov 2, election day.
Nov 12, veterans day
Nov 24 & 25, Thanksgiving.
Christmas shutdown starts on Dec 24.

• Sponsors (?)

Got moved from 99 to 42

ShelbyMan said:
Keep use updated on your progress!

I made a color change and asked to be moved to a priority 10. The girl I had been working with told me that they can only assign me a 42. Something about the number of cars they order? First order is a 10, 2nd is a 20 3rd is a 30, 4th is a 40. But 5th is 41 and 6th is 42 etc... This is not what I read from the link but I was not going to argue about it till I knew more.

Let see if I can d/l the order confirmation for review. Have a look, anymore help would be appreciatted.

BTW, I am buying this car out of state for $50 over invoice.

05mealready said:
I made a color change and asked to be moved to a priority 10. The girl I had been working with told me that they can only assign me a 42. Something about the number of cars they order? First order is a 10, 2nd is a 20 3rd is a 30, 4th is a 40. But 5th is 41 and 6th is 42 etc... This is not what I read from the link but I was not going to argue about it till I knew more.

Let see if I can d/l the order confirmation for review. Have a look, anymore help would be appreciatted.

BTW, I am buying this car out of state for $50 over invoice.

That sounds about right. The dealer is initally allocated a certain amount of Mustangs they can order and it is a 1st come, first serve basis, so 42 may sound reasonable. (at least it isn't a 99)

I see now that you ordered yours on 9/28 and I ordered mine on 10/8 and my code is 46 so that would make sense. I actually rembered, when I went into to order mine Strphanie had told me that she already had taken an order from somebody in Ga that must have been you small world. He have to stick together to make sure the dont F us around. So far the have been good. BUt I talked to Jason the sales manager yesterday and he is saying praobly first of the year.

05GT Zman said:
I ordered mine from the same dealer on 10/08 and my priorty code is 46 Whats up with that.Who are you talking to Stephanie?

Yes, I am working with Stephanie. What do you think? Are they messing with us? I asked how many she has sold and she told me five so far. The dealers here told me six weeks for delivery but then again they are not coming down off MSRP. I aint paying MSRP even if I get it a few weeks earlier. Let me know if you find anything else out. Are you working with Stephanie too?