Virtual Car Show here ???

I know the 'thing' now is to be on as many social media sites as possible but I'm just not into social media stuff, I've been thinking about a facepage thing but I keep talking myself out of it. Maybe one or the other as a spectator, I'd have to give it some thought.

• Sponsors (?)

Although no video, it seems like this is our “virtual car show” waiting to happen?
To save Mike some work, is there a way to let members post a certain amount of pics (front, rear, side, motor) to this Instagram page? (Brand new to Instagram so no idea how it works)
You would have to share the login and have everyone login and they post their pics and a short description or caption

Instagram would work but seems complicated at this point. The pics and short video clips could be posted on Instagram promoting the forum. Winners could also be announced there too.

Seems like the easiest would be for folks to record videos...even with the grandkids help and upload to youtube to link in a car show here in a show thread.
Could maybe add a limit of 4 pics.

What categories would everyone like to see ? How long do you think the submission time should be...one day....a week...to be voted on by the end of the week...or should it be like a friday to sunday thing ? I don't know how much traffic the forum can handle. Wouldn't want a hundred folks trying to post links at the same time.

I'd say give it a week. That gives everyone time to catch a good day to take their pictures and make a video. Uploading a video to YT is easy. I'm not a tech guy and I figured that one out. I bet there are videos on YT that show you how to upload a video! Actually I just look and yes there are lots of videos on the subject.

Is there going to be a prize for the least interior? That's about to only category I would be able to win.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd have to do one of my work on my car, since I can't exactly roll it out into the driveway and do a walkaround vid. I'm sure there are some that would like to see me talk through what I am doing.

Uploading to youtube is easy. If you have the app on your phone, it pretty much walks you through it.

Seems like the easiest would be for folks to record videos...even with the grandkids help and upload to youtube to link in a car show here in a show thread.
Could maybe add a limit of 4 pics.
Hey careful ! not there yet..lol.
I did just go on youtube and successfully made an account, haven't named it yet.

What do I win?

5.0 mustang funny pic.jpg

• Winner
So we doing this?

let’s make it sometime in Aug. give people enough time to record a video. 3-5 min in lenght, upload yo YouTube.

when the thread opens, we post for a week. ZERO COMMENTS until over. (Because it stretches the thread out and vids get lost)

then we do....something. I dunno. Someone take it from there

I'm interested. I'd be happy to record vid and upload to youtube then post link here. I don't have instagram, I and really dont want it.

If its uploading vid links here, I'm in.

Any make , model? I mean, isnt that what we usually browse at car shows? I've got Fords and Chevys here to share.

With this being the first one...I think it should be 79 to 95 mustangs or fox platform only.

Shows for other vehicles owned by members here can be done at a later date but for ease of organization it seems better this way. People here have some serious cars and projects.

Reactions: 1 users
I finally have my car at a point where I could do a real car show. New top and interior makes it very fresh . There are very few foxbodies in Sarasota Florida , and most of the old timers have fifties and sixties cars. I should be proud to show a ninety LX right ?? This fall Im going to join the local club .

I finally have my car at a point where I could do a real car show. New top and interior makes it very fresh . There are very few foxbodies in Sarasota Florida , and most of the old timers have fifties and sixties cars. I should be proud to show a ninety LX right ?? This fall Im going to join the local club .
Yes, you should be very proud :nice:

There are very few foxbodies in Sarasota Florida

I've ran across a few Fox cars daily driving here in the Atlanta area. I've seen a white GT convertible a number of times, there's a college kid that goes to Chattahoochee Technical College that drives one, and I've seen a few others, but couldn't really say if they were daily driving them or what. I've also seen a damned nice SVO on my way home from work one afternoon, but by the looks of it that one isn't daily driven. Otherwise I see them at the occasional show when I'm able to get to one. Then there's my bucket that sits here waiting....

Reactions: 1 users