vortech cobra what to do next????

okay i have a 1997 cobra with a vortech v1 supercharger and a catback exhaust with 2 step but it’s basically stock other than the supercharger. and i just bought this car and i really want to open it up, so i know i should get 42-44lb injectors, and a new tune and maybe some other things but im not too knowledgeable about boost needs lol, so based off that what would be the best way to turn up the boost safely? and what do i need to turn up the boost safely? ive read around and ive seen with just general things like injectors and tune and intercooler on like 9-10 psi making around 410-440 to the wheels so that would be very nice to achieve in the most cost effective way possible considering im only 18 and go to school!
734A4F2E-7E51-4F8E-92CE-F04C24B16296.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

You will definitely want to do a tune and injectors, I see an FMU on the passenger fender,, thats a no go.. it raises the fuel pressure at a high rate to make the stock injectors act larger.

I would suggest a set of injectors, a tune, and a fuel pump upgrade.. upping the boost is easy with a pulley change and an intercooler may not be required at the 7-9psi mark.

i appreciate it! also what is a FMU? and can i buy the 44lb injectors that are on American muscle, they look like they would work but i dont wanna spend 400$ and have to send it back ya know, and also since this car is boosted what kind of tune should i get???? bama doesnt support those

That fuel management unit needs to be taken out. Find out what your current injectors and fuel pump are so that you can see what you are starting with and what direction you want to go. Find a good local dyno tuner, determine your power goals, and make a decision on what type of cooling you want (meth vs intercooler).

Moving beyond what you have now is going to cost a good amount. Budget at least 1000 to 1500 dollars to do it right.

That fuel management unit needs to be taken out. Find out what your current injectors and fuel pump are so that you can see what you are starting with and what direction you want to go. Find a good local dyno tuner, determine your power goals, and make a decision on what type of cooling you want (meth vs intercooler).

Moving beyond what you have now is going to cost a good amount. Budget at least 1000 to 1500 dollars to do it right.

okay that helps alot thank you, so i have a local tuner and i would like to get the 44lb injectors for it and hopefully get 400 to the wheels at least but other than that and the tune what would be a better cooling option with everything considered?

44lb injectors are “just enough” if you are looking to drop a pulley size or two. If I were you, I would go a little bigger to allow more future growth. All depends on your goals, I like aiming a little higher in case I want more (always a good problem). If you go with these 50lb injectors you would be good in to the low 500hp range on stock fuel pressure: https://www.americanmuscle.com/fueljector-clinic-fueljector-set-525cc-8704-gt-93-98-cobra.html

Check out your fuel pump setup. I would go for a 290lph or higher pump. Talk to your tuner to discuss the right fuel setup for your goals.

I would recommend jumping straight to 60 lb injectors. Tunes tend to like them because that are used a lot and they provide enough flow to accommodate future upgrades.

You will also need a bigger fuel pump and for real insurance, add a boost a pump to your upgraded pump. Build a strong fuel system. If these cars go lean, they blow the pistons and rods apart.

You will also need to upgrade you MAF with either a better unit or a voltage extender like a MAFia.

Its not cheap to build power but of you do it right it will be cheaper than replacing a grenaded engine.

Start thinking about inter cooling if you get to 10 psi of boost.