Vortech supercharger install, stock belt is a no go!!!! DAMMIT!!

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Bought a new stock length belt to go along with my install, it wont fit, anyone else have to run a different length belt with their install??? My car has a/c ,power steering and im running a smog pump eliminator along with a higher amp alternator from a 2000 V6 mustang, could there be a slight difference in the alternator pulley size thats causing me a problem? The belt size have is a 5060905, I tried an 5060915 I had and it's way too long! The 905 belt is almost long enough but it would have to be pried onto the last pulley, not a big fan of prying on belts

• Sponsors (?)

It's routed correctly. I have followed everything to the exact details. I was wondering if there was a different size between the alternator pulley from what was on it stock and the newer 2000 model one I have on the car???

You should compare the belt you took off with the new one. More often than not, the replacement belts are short. You can try to strecth the belt if it's close.... Put it under feet and pull up with your arms. But that is only if the belt is close to fitting. If it's way off, go back and ask for a different brand belt.

Take a peice of string, rout it around everything correctly, pull it tight then measure the length of the string. Thats your new belt length. Thats exactly what I did, then I went down to advance auto and picked up the belt. Have fun:nice:

I got the 910 belt, I'll try gettin it on tommorrow! I cant wait to hear this supercharger and feel how it is powerwise. Can any of you go into detail on the supercharger tensioner, Im a little confused on how it all goes on, a pic would be helpful!