Vortech Supercharger install, stock belt too short.

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Boca Raton, Florida
Well we are finishing the Vortech install and installing the stock belt but it doesn't fit at all, like a fee inches off. We bought the kit brand new and used the supplied crank pulley, tensioner, etc.

Can someone let me know a part number or size of the belt you're using? Vortech says the kit works with the stock belt but no dice.

• Sponsors (?)

Some pics of the install.

IMAG0092.jpg

196cfc03.jpg

a9ecacbd.jpg

78c1e458.jpg

I'm running a dayco belt, I also have a alternator from a 99 mustang on mine, the pulley was slightly bigger than the stock fox alternator pulley.

my belt part # is 5060915 which is a 91.5 inch long belt.

I thought the same thing on my 95, but I think you have to slip it over the supercharger pulley first, then do the crank pulley. For whatever reason it wouldn't go and seemed way too short, but I was able to get it on that way, and it had quite a bit of slack.

I will try different ways to install the stock belt. If they doesn't work I hope to get that Dayco belt mentioned ealier.

It doesnt have to be a dayco brand, the last 3 numbers are the belt length regardless of brand. What size is a stock belt? I can't remember.

Just remember 1/2 inch makes a huge difference, can you post up a pic of how close your belt is to going on?