Want forced induction?

StangCollecter

Founding Member
Dec 6, 1999
Niles Illinois
Most of us know that the 05 V6 is limited by it's higher compression and pistons that are not forged, but several examples have already been boosted to about 9 lbs.

If someone were to offer a kit for FI to 8 lbs out of the box, what would you want in that kit, and what would is the price it would need to cost you would pay to buy it right now. That is, if you saw an add for a kit with everythign you wanted, what is the highest price that you would see that would make you pick up the phone and order it? Also let me know if you would prefer a S/C or (single or twin) Turbo kit

I am not offering anythign for sale and do not make a FI kit. I am just asking in order to do market research.

Also if there are any V6 or GT drivers in the Chicago area who would like to boost their car at some point, even if you can't afford it, please email or PM me if you don't mind me askign some questions.

• Sponsors (?)

Prob a bit more than 2500

The Vortech Kit is about $2500 +/-$100 for the SQ Satin version (no AfterCooler) and without injectors/Fuel Pump & Tuner. Then you need to pay for install and dyno etc... Realistic so far looks like it's going to run me about 3700-4000 for total job. I have Dan from Realspeed looking into it as well and looks like I'm pushing my install date to Early February :)))) I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. I hope the S/C will push the cars 0-60 to sub 5 and the quarter into the high 12's or low 13's with my current setup.

Zex is the cheapest way to go ($1,000 for a nice setup with remote etc...) and most bang for your buck - downside is not really able to use on streets and limited to whatever juice is left in your bottle.

screaminyellin6 said:
The Vortech Kit is about $2500 +/-$100 for the SQ Satin version (no AfterCooler) and without injectors/Fuel Pump & Tuner. Then you need to pay for install and dyno etc... Realistic so far looks like it's going to run me about 3700-4000 for total job. I have Dan from Realspeed looking into it as well and looks like I'm pushing my install date to Early February :)))) I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. I hope the S/C will push the cars 0-60 to sub 5 and the quarter into the high 12's or low 13's with my current setup.

Zex is the cheapest way to go ($1,000 for a nice setup with remote etc...) and most bang for your buck - downside is not really able to use on streets and limited to whatever juice is left in your bottle.

Never been a fan of N20, changing and refilling bottles, only works when you hit the button, etc. Not for me.

Also, there can be more hp gained from turbos than superchargers in most applications. I think with an aggressive tune to help out the bottom end power and turbos that can hit peak boost before mid range, and hold it through, it could be a decent set up.

StangCollecter said:
Never been a fan of N20, changing and refilling bottles, only works when you hit the button, etc. Not for me.

Also, there can be more hp gained from turbos than superchargers in most applications. I think with an aggressive tune to help out the bottom end power and turbos that can hit peak boost before mid range, and hold it through, it could be a decent set up.

Turbo would be VERY SWEET!!! :nice: But the cost... :notnice:

I like the fact that the N2O is not there constantly. When I am done with my bolt-ons, I will have more than enough power for day to day driving. Don't get me wrong, a SC or TC would be awesome, but when all is said and done, that is a lot of money for the performance.

Now, has anyone checked out a cheaper, less powerful (but nice) alternative? An Eaton X-charger (currently used on Explorer's) may be a good alternative for the 4.0L Mustang. Only 6 lb boost and no intercooler needed...

well, someday there may be a lower priced turbo kit.

If you think about actual cost of parts it only makes sense that the prices will come down. The prices are still high because people think of it as the ultimate performance addition to their car. If it cost 1000 bucks and could get you a 50% increase in power, everyone who was into performance would forget all the other stuff, and do that first. There'd be a million cars out there with aftermarket turbo kits.

1000 is obviously way too optimistic, but I just threw a number out there to illustrate a point.

BTW, parts really don't cost as much as you think they do.