Want to build a daily driver with a Mid 11 second setup

Best route to go?

Car: 89' GT, bone stock.

I have about a 10k budget and I would like to put together a mid 11 second driver. The reason I say this is because I would like to be able to use the car as a daily driver and still drive to the track run the car, drive home...and not put it on a trailer if you know what I mean. I need a setup that will tollerate stop-n-go rush hour traffic, heat, cold, and the stress of the dragstrip. I have been a little hesitant because a few of my buddies have some near 10sec fox's but work on the things more than they get to drive them. I would like to build something I can drive hard and have fun with rather than have me banging my head against the wall.

I would like to stay away from nitrous.
Suspension, gears, trans, etc... Will come later, just worried about the engine for now. Is it possible to keep the stock 89k mile block and still achieve 11s with heads, cam, manifold, and a Supercharger such as a Pro-charger?

Any help appreciated!!

• Sponsors (?)

You can run 11s with 300rwhp, the key is having as much weight shaved as possible and having a car that'll hook like crazy and cut really fast 60 foot times. For 10k i could build you a 10 second DD :lol:

Twisted wedge heads, holley intake, custom cam, 4.10-4.30 gears, longtubes, 75mm tb, 30lb injectors. You do not need a turbo or a supercharger and h/c/i for mid 11's. Its simple to make the power, traction is up to you.

Will you be doing all the work?? If so 10K can get you one bad ass ride.. If you check my SIG, you can see my 86GT, that ran low 11's on 17 DR's and could be driven any where. Put motor in and didn't do anyhtin to it for 3 years, besides noraml matainecne. And the only time I pulled the intake was to install the 42# injectors when adding the blower. I did all the work myself, and and bought most parts used. I had $6500 in the car, when all said and done. Thats just cash, not the labor I did, but the labor is free to me..

Let's see....i'm a carb guy so my build would look something like this:

Slicks or Drag radials
Gears (probably 3.73s if you're gonna drive it DD)
Twisted Wedge heads
Wieand Stealth intake port matched to the heads
Holley 650HP double pumper
Full lengths/full exhaust
Custom cam

Then the most expensive thing i'm gonna buy is the block setup. I'd get a Mexican block or a used Dart or maybe find someone selling a complete short block. I'd go with forged pistons and around 10:1 compression and run premium in it. I'd have to have a 5 speed and since i wouldn't spend near 5k on all that, i would go with a TKO 600 so i could pound gears on the slicks and not worry about breaking stuff. This setup with the duel plane intake and TW heads and custom cam would make for a nasty torque monster. There's no reason you shouldn't run deep into the 11s with this combo unless your car is a pig, in which case you need to look at weight shaving.