Wanting a Raked look, Issues with 17s Front, 18s Rear

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
Baltimore, MD
yeah, I did a quick search but it didnt quite answer all my questions or clear everything up. I need the green light from the SN Gods before I dump money into my car :)

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=582456&highlight=raked

So, I want to run 17x9 bullitts up front and 18x10 in the rear. I know there is the potential for ABS/TC issues in doing so, and I also dont want my rear to appear lower than the front cuz that defeats the whole purpose of wanting a raked look, and its just gay.

I have H&R Sport Springs (1.5" front, 1.6" rear drop)that will be installed not long after I get my rims. So my questions are:

1. What do I need to know before deciding whether or not to do this?

2. What profile tires would you recommend for front and rear? Would like to go 255 wide up front and 295 wide out back, but what about profile?

3. Why SHOULDN'T I do this, if you for some reason think that way. Another reason I want to do this is so I can throw 17" stocker rims and DR's on the rear for the track, less rotational mass and all.

• Sponsors (?)

As long as you keep the overall wheel/tire height then it doesn't matter what size the rims are front and rear. Personally I'm really interested to see what it will lokk like cause alot of high end sports cars do the same thing. As long as you get the tire heights the same then I can see no reason NOT to do it.
I think a 255 as a bit skinny for a 9" rim,I'd run a 265 or 275. 275/40/17 will retain the factory 25.6 inch tire height. Rear will have to be like a 295 or 305 so->295/35/18 should be fine. As long as the difference between front and rear tire heights is within 4% you'll be okay(less than 1 inch of difference).

thanks, still not sure if I wanna do 17/18 or 18s all around. I love the raked look, but ive heard the H&R sports already give you a hint of that. wouldnt want to go overboard with it. we'll see. thanks again :nice:

I've been running 17X9 in front with 265/40sand 18X9 in back with 285/40s for 3 years and have had no problems with T/C, antilock brakes or anything else. (actually did when local Ford dealer rotated my tires after I told them not to). Speedo is off by about 4-5 MPH at cruising speed, but no big problem. I'm also running H&R Supersports. (The raked look is nice!)

blueovalguy said:
I've been running 17X9 in front with 265/40sand 18X9 in back with 285/40s for 3 years and have had no problems with T/C, antilock brakes or anything else. (actually did when local Ford dealer rotated my tires after I told them not to). Speedo is off by about 4-5 MPH at cruising speed, but no big problem. I'm also running H&R Supersports. (The raked look is nice!)
any pics? thanks for the input :nice:

you will have a little bit of play before the abs sensors pick up something funny. Remember think about the difference in tire height on bald street tires and brand new 26 inch slicks(over an 1.5inch diff) and i never had any lights on my vert come on.

helty said:
any pics? thanks for the input :nice:

If you insist (LOL)
site1114.JPG

site1115.JPG

site1117.JPG

site1118.JPG

(Sorry about the big pics)