warped STOCK rotors, what would you do?

jdium

Mar 3, 2007
Hillsboro
Ok, I managed to warp my rotors very much bad with a combination of a long down hill brake followed by a very large puddle. I now need to replace them, but the pads are still ok, about 75%. I have stock ponys on my 91 lx, and don't plan on going to 5 lug for quite a while, so I need to replace these. I've always tried to replace needed parts with an upgrade, so that's what I plan now.

Opinions?

Justin

• Sponsors (?)

Don't assume the pads are ok just because they still have lining left. If the rotors are warped and/or have grooves in them that will transfer to the pads and when you install the new rotors the old pads can ruin them. I would suggest getting Powerslot rotors which I think are just under 200 bucks for the pair and Hawk pads which are around 60 bucks or EBC green stuff which are closer to 80 bucks.

Don't assume the pads are ok just because they still have lining left. If the rotors are warped and/or have grooves in them that will transfer to the pads and when you install the new rotors the old pads can ruin them. I would suggest getting Powerslot rotors which I think are just under 200 bucks for the pair and Hawk pads which are around 60 bucks or EBC green stuff which are closer to 80 bucks.

Thats what I was thinking. I think the Laurel Mountain Brake Pad/Rotor kit is the route for me, with the Power Slot Rotor/EBC pads front and rear would be the best way. Any experience out there?

Edit: I think the kit/set is about $260...good deal I'm thinkin

I have Hawk pads with stock replacement rotors, also with the Steeda stainless caliper bushings. I noticed the car stopped better but nothing huge like going to 13" brakes, the Hawk pads make a hell of a lot of dust so if you hate cleaning your wheels maybe you should try EBC, they are supposed to be low on dust.

That kit price sounds about right

I have Hawk pads with stock replacement rotors, also with the Steeda stainless caliper bushings. I noticed the car stopped better but nothing huge like going to 13" brakes, the Hawk pads make a hell of a lot of dust so if you hate cleaning your wheels maybe you should try EBC, they are supposed to be low on dust.

That kit price sounds about right

I have stock Pony's, so cleaning is no problem. The pads that are on there now love to vent dust that looks like rust, which is great on an all white car, looks like the wheels are bleeding...

I am only wanting something better than stock, without breaking the bank. If the Power Slot/EBC pad fills that bill, I'll be satisfied. I am fully aware of the fact that no replacement fox brakes will be sufficient, and honestly, I don't care. I just don't want my brake peddle to feel like a ankle biter dog humping my leg any more...

I'd run stock rotors and stock OEM pads (from Ford not Ford Motorsport).

They are gonna warp again anyway. I warped 5 sets of rotors when i ran 4-lug. I am hard on my brakes, but the OEMs fought back the most