Water Mark Removal

What's the best way to remove the water spots after washing & drying your car? When I had my '05 in Mineral Grey, I didn't have that problem, but with the black paint on the '08, they stick out like sore thumbs. I use the MR. Clean system so I'm not left w/the white water spots, I chamois dry and blow dry the car. I've tried wax cleaner & wax but I can still see the darn water rings. It's driving me nuts.:shrug:

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

Get you an absorber or any other type of shammy towel that soaks up water. My friend has some other thing from walmart its like an aqua towel or something like that. It works good.

People will probably say that it will leave those hair line scratches but none on my black car yet, and none on any of my other cars. :shrug:

clay should work and if not your car needs an acid bath. Acid bath will require a pro to do it and it's not usually cheap, either.

Realize that this isn't advice coming from Joe Blow. I do this kind of stuff big time. There are many more routes to be taken before an acid wash would be warranted. When detailing, you always want to go the least aggressive to the most aggressive. The acid wash is just shy of a wet sand so let's try something else. :nice:

Wash the car as usual. get a bucket and fill it with vinegar. Then use a microfiber cloth and wash the car with the vinegar. Dry as usual. This will remove the water spots on a dark car. This is also the same method used by body shops as the mysterious (acid bath).
Vinegaris a very mild acis, it will remove the mineral deposits and wax.
Then wax the car as usual.
Nothing scary about it at all.

I would go for a wash and dry, clay bar, finish (very fine) polish, and good carnuba wax. You should have a mirror/glass like finish, all can be done by hand won't risk ruining anything. The better the wax you use the better protection you will have.

If you are noticing these spots right away (after drying) or a day or two later? You could always try quick detailing spray if so.

Wash the car as usual. get a bucket and fill it with vinegar. Then use a microfiber cloth and wash the car with the vinegar. Dry as usual. This will remove the water spots on a dark car. This is also the same method used by body shops as the mysterious (acid bath).
Vinegaris a very mild acis, it will remove the mineral deposits and wax.
Then wax the car as usual.
Nothing scary about it at all.

NICE!!! :nice:

I use the Mr. Clean on my dark candy apple red and have never had water spots. You are not supposed to dry the car with this system, so stop that. Make sure your filters are clean and finish your usual wash on the fine mist (ionized water) and you should have no spots at all. The filters that come with the system don't last long; I think their a trial size or something, so try some new ones and don't dry the car. Let us know how it turns out.

here are 2 pics

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 104