water pump torque specs

• Sponsors (?)

well I got that far, but it still seems to seep a bit. I realize there are little weep holes on it but it seems to leak through the seams where it connects to the motor. Anyone out there experience anything like this?

-g

I have never personally experienced that. What do you think the bolts are torqued to? Put a torque wrench on and find out. If I had to guess at the specs on mine, I'd say they were 30-35 ft/lbs and I don't have any problems.

What kind of gaskets are you using?

Joe

Im using factory ford water pump on this and whatever gasket it came with. When I installed the water pump last weekend I ran with the gasket only. This time around I think i'll RTV it a bit as well.

Im going to tear it out this weekend and reinstall it. I just recently put some gt40 heads on my ride and some 1.7 rr's as well and plan on retorqing all of it.

Old post I see, yet I am doing more parts on the 94 now. Was trying to find any if at all any torque specs go the water pump.
In the past I had always been tighten until tight for a water pump. But if it will let me here is a general torque spec sheet for different type bolts and different applications. Hope it can be useful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    761.4 KB · Views: 73