Water spots on Cobra?

2K1GtfromSC

Founding Member
Oct 9, 2002
West Columbia, SC
I was talking to some guys this weekend at the track (all cobra owners) and we got on the topic about water spots on my car. I have had the car for 3 months. It had water spots on it when I bought it. I have tried to get them off but they want come off. I have Zaino to use when the weather gets warmer, but my question is will the deal fix it under warranty. The older guys I was talking to said that the dealer would & should fix it under warranty. One of them actually had the dealer fix his car with spots. Has anyone had this problem fix by the dealer or should I just clay bar with Zaino?
John

• Sponsors (?)

2K1GtfromSC said:
I tried that and did not work. I think clay bar will be the only thing that will work. But if ford will do it for free I'll let them.

I dont blame you....if your going to use the clay make sure you use it with a generous amount of spray wax.

I had them on mine also.

here is a link I found helpfull:
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html

1. Wash car

2. Use white wine vinegar. Rub in lightly for 30 seconds in sections and rinse section.

3. Used rubbing compound. That takes off all the spots. It takes a while and I don't recomend it for everyone.

4. Next is cleaner wax.

5. Then polish.

6. Then wax.

I repeated the last three steps again this last weekend. Smooth as a babies aspirin bottle.

I was going to take it back to the dealer, but they took care of another problem I had that they did not have to. So I did not bitch. A little love and hard work and she looks awesome. Besides its not a bad way to spend a rainy weekend.

Rogue Cobra