Water Spots

JRS02GT

Jun 4, 2005
Ruskin, Fl.
I have some decal stripes on my hood and they are covered in water spots. I have tried everything I can think of, and nothing has helped. I really don't want to take them off because when they were clean, they looked really good. Now they just look dirty all the time. Any ideas????

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry if I read you wrong, but are they metal stripes of some sort? I would think a general polish would be able to help remove the sediment left from water spots.

If they are vinyl (or something else) with such a finish, I don't know off-hand of a cleaner or method you could use safely to remove the staining.

4u2nv said:
Sorry if I read you wrong, but are they metal stripes of some sort? I would think a general polish would be able to help remove the sediment left from water spots.

If they are vinyl (or something else) with such a finish, I don't know off-hand of a cleaner or method you could use safely to remove the staining.

They are vinyl with a metallic look to them. I have tried everything and it won't come off. I may just have to replace them. I appreciate the reply!

Try a diluted vinegar mix... you need an acid to get the minerals left from the water off the car. I usually vinegar wash my car after getting hit with my neighbor's sprinkler.. The hard water leaves spots, so it needs an acid to neutralize it. It works, give it a shot.. Just try to deal with the smell. That is the only downfall

Yes thank you for that suggestion! We have very hard water where I am from. Do you try to wax afterwords? The reason I ask is I am wondering if it strips the wax after you acid wash it. Thanks!